DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Looking at the latest Fb updates on HT they don;t even write their generic "contact our CS" anymore.

Regarding Alfred Chan and his Iron Man?

Hot Toys I need a replacement, why won't you answer to my e-mails
Yesterday at 07:39

...and whats with this.

Tuck Cheong Tang Alfred: Pls make sure you bought from the HT Official Dealer...

Thats weak. This isn't fake Hot Toys figures. Or some crazy piracy.

Yeah, I'm thinking of canceling all my pre-orders now after the T-800.

I'm not going to tolerate the contempt Hot Toys has for us. It proves now all Hot Toys cares about is money, defective product or not.

Just too bad we are apparently a minority with our POV :(
If we had enough like minded ppl and post it on FB with enough representation standing behind us HT would not dare to try to sneak one past us. But as it is every time I posted this only few agreed and then you have the ones that come running the defend HT. These are the idiots that do not realize that this needs to be done now to prevent this from happening again when they do care. Just too shortsighted to realize the impact in the long run :( Out of curiosity how many ppl here would stand behind a callout on HT to withdraw their one-turn replacement policy and insist on them to do whats right and stand by their product?

I'm not going to tolerate the contempt Hot Toys has for us. It proves now all Hot Toys cares about is money, defective product or not.

.....:slap That is exactly why we aren't taken seriously. Because in the end, they have you by the short hairs.

Lol to the guy planning to 'cancel his pre-orderes' ... I call BS. Sorry mate but Nam has a point, we're suckers for HT's stuff and they know the next top licenced figure they dangle under our nose, we'll be queing up right behind you to get it...

Lol to the guy planning to 'cancel his pre-orderes' ... I call BS.

I'm afraid you're mistaken. I will be regardless how popular they are. I have already cancelled the IMBD EX and in the process of canceling the Iron Man 2 figures.

Sorry mate but Nam has a point, we're suckers for HT's stuff and they know the next top licenced figure they dangle under our nose, we'll be queing up right behind you to get it...

I know he has a point but I wont be a sucker anymore.

In the end it is certainly a game of chicken in order for this to have any chance at all. We will have to be perceived as a potential loss of business and threat to influence other vs them being confident that we will have zero impact :( I admit that I will continue to buy HT but doesn't mean I have to let them know. As long as they perceive this to be a real threat to their bottom line only then we stand a chance of seeing them being fair to us again.
then again I am sure they have ppl reading even this thread so based on the potential lackluster response here we really have no chance either way :(

In the end it is certainly a game of chicken in order for this to have any chance at all. We will have to be perceived as a potential loss of business and threat to influence other vs them being confident that we will have zero impact :( I admit that I will continue to buy HT but doesn't mean I have to let them know. As long as they perceive this to be a real threat to their bottom line only then we stand a chance of seeing them being fair to us again.
then again I am sure they have ppl reading even this thread so based on the potential lackluster response here we really have no chance either way :(

Worthless really. Just look at what happened with the IM fanboys talking trash. Additionally, I seriously doubt any issues with this piece will neither dismay nor detour most Batman fanboys in all their psychosis from picking up the next Batman release. If you expect to make a mark, but still want to collect HotToys, I suggest you limit your purchases to 2nd-hand figures and not buy from distributors, retailers or wholesalers which certainly means canceling current and future preorders and either dealing with the potentially higher costs on EbaY or accepting the loss if the desired figure is unobtainable through those means with your budget.

It's hard to tell for me. The only way I can get them is trough ebay.
I don't want to buy another HT right now, but I can't tell if temptation will be stronger some day with a particular license. Maybe I'll be happy with other cheaper cool figures, maybe not. Anyways Hot Toys have won this time.

In the end it is certainly a game of chicken in order for this to have any chance at all. We will have to be perceived as a potential loss of business and threat to influence other vs them being confident that we will have zero impact :( I admit that I will continue to buy HT...

I appreciate your honesty Geil.

Worthless really. Just look at what happened with the IM fanboys talking trash. Additionally, I seriously doubt any issues with this piece will neither dismay nor detour most Batman fanboys in all their psychosis from picking up the next Batman release. If you expect to make a mark, but still want to collect HotToys, I suggest you limit your purchases to 2nd-hand figures and not buy from distributors, retailers or wholesalers which certainly means canceling current and future preorders and either dealing with the potentially higher costs on EbaY or accepting the loss if the desired figure is unobtainable through those means with your budget.

I do chuckle at some of the rabble rousing posts...Hot Toys release a great figure albeit with a defect and we're getting talk of spamming their FB page and boycotting future releases...why?! Over one bad figure?:cuckoo: For me a company has to be regularly ____ing up with their releases before i start for my pitchfork and wear my underpants on the outside...:dunno Can i point out that Sideshow and their flakey paint that seems to hit every other high end release, coupled with their Stevie Wonder levels of QC is a far better candidate for your boycott:monkey3 Just saying...

It's not even about boycotting but rather make sure HT don't think they can start ignoring their responsibility and get used to it too. Again its shortsighted to think this is the first time so its ok to let it slide If I had issue with SS I would consider the same.
What you are saying is like Toyotas defect is nothing compared to US recalls and therefor they should be let off and no need to fix the issue? Albeit this is not a $20K car with life threatening risk but it is a $200 toy. I personally cannot think of any product that could get away with a similar policy in place especially paying this kind of price
Maybe if your $200 iPod would have some annoying flaw and they would force the same policy on you after they realize they they ____ed up and hence need to implement damage control through this policy would that make you feel the same?
I just started this hobby and maybe that's why I am not as forgiving?

Last edited:
I do chuckle at some of the rabble rousing posts...Hot Toys release a great figure albeit with a defect and we're getting talk of spamming their FB page and boycotting future releases...why?! Over one bad figure?:cuckoo: For me a company has to be regularly ____ing up with their releases before i start for my pitchfork and wear my underpants on the outside...:dunno Can i point out that Sideshow and their flakey paint that seems to hit every other high end release, coupled with their Stevie Wonder levels of QC is a far better candidate for your boycott:monkey3 Just saying...

Have to chuckle at your HT apologist post. To be fair, you really ain't got ____ on Sideshow. They'll allow several returns and exchanges and if you're still not satisfied, they'll refund your money. Hot Toys won't even honor their faulty replacements let alone multiple replacements for those who bought more than one DX. HUGE difference in my book. And let's not forget about the price. It's almost double what Sideshow's charging. So might want to get those facts straight before ya start comparing the two companies. While I agree to some extent, that SSC's QC isn't where it should be, their customer service is literally the best in the industry. ...just sayin' :huh

You know how Hot Toys said it wont ruin your collectible experience?... what would you call this?

HT really dropped the ball on this one. Wont ruin it? You just cannot enjoy it because the suit leaking as hell and also it will deteriorate over time. The plastic will be stiff, the texture on the suit will be damaged and bye-bye High End collectable figure. Nice one HT.

I totally agree with you and this behavior is just not acceptable. If one figure will have a serious problem like at the DX Batman you can kiss it goodbye because HT will ignore the collectors again. I just can't trust in them anymore really.

DX Batman is one of the reasons why I never preorder a HT product. I am always read the forum because I wanna know every information about the figure. This is why I never bought the TDK Batman until the DCD release.

I think you are getting it wrong. We are rude to HT because of they behavior towards this case. They don't admit they mistakes and they continue to piss off people with they policy and attitude. So in our point of view HT can go away with everything. This is what they done and probably will do in the future.

See the problem here is that we, as a board, are only a small small fraction of the Hot Toys community. Even if we all banned together to not buy their products anymore, it wouldn't hurt them at all. Honestly, it sucks to say this, but there's really nothing we can really do to hurt Hot Toys. They're Goliath and we're David. Only problem here is that we don't have a sling shot. :(

I have this figure, and yeah, his abs leak. But it doesn't bother me so much now. I do worry about long-term deterioration, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. Hot Toys releases the finest articulated figures on the market from great licenses. I'm not going to even pretend that I would boycott them over something like this. Should they "make right"? To the extent that it makes financial sense. But they aren't gonna lose many customers to this, IMO. As such, I don't know if it would be worth their while to do more than they are already (as little as it is).

I can understand some of you guys being pissed off. But you know what you can do? Throw your figure up on eBay now, and make your money back. Then spend your money on something else if you can't stand this figure. I think that's a pretty simple solution that could calm your nerves about things.

Back