DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Argh...after much deliberation I finally canceled my preorder. I had it on preorder since announcement. I will wait and see if the issue resolves.

Shiny abs for me again :mad:

The tissue paper idea failed for me

I am so pi**ed off with this figure now!!!

HT suck my balls!!!

You should post that on their Facebook page! :rock:rotfl:rock

I'm curious as to who the 13 people are that voted "Yes used to but it has stopped leaking now" :tap

Bet you whoever it was isn't saying that now.

I wonder if anyone with a replacement body has the leakage yet.

IIRC there has been at least one that said yes, a small amount of leakage appeared on their replacement, but not as bad as the one they sent back.

After sending Hot Toys customers service several emails and receiving no reply with a solution nor offer to exchange the body since I purchased this through a local retailer and it's been over 30 days, I considered doing the mods myself.

So I cut the glued parts (inside the suit) since some claimed that the touching of the pants and suit cause the chemical reaction, so I separated them.

Then I use a cosmetic oil paper which absorbs oil in between the suit and the pants. I put 2 layers all around the inner part of the pants since the paper is thin so it won't affect the appearance anyway.

It's been 24 hrs approximately since I done that and it's been dry.
The lower abs however is still a bit shinier than the upper abs but they've been like that since before the wiping, but at least it's dry and not oozing now.

I will keep updating the progress here.

What batch was yours from?
After sending Hot Toys customers service several emails and receiving no reply with a solution nor offer to exchange the body since I purchased this through a local retailer and it's been over 30 days, I considered doing the mods myself.

So I cut the glued parts (inside the suit) since some claimed that the touching of the pants and suit cause the chemical reaction, so I separated them.

Then I use a cosmetic oil paper which absorbs oil in between the suit and the pants. I put 2 layers all around the inner part of the pants since the paper is thin so it won't affect the appearance anyway.

It's been 24 hrs approximately since I done that and it's been dry.
The lower abs however is still a bit shinier than the upper abs but they've been like that since before the wiping, but at least it's dry and not oozing now.

I will keep updating the progress here.

So the figures' leaking didn't stop naturally which is what I thought that option meant. That was why I was wondering about the 13.

Ah! I see. Still very poor numbers though. 13 then 26 for nothing after 48 hours but I wonder how up to date that really is after these past months now.

I'll stick mine down as "Yes it's LEAKING like a faucet!!" Even though at one point for a while I was dabbing every 3 - 4 hours. Wasn't soaking wet but you could see how dark it got in 3 - 4 hours like someone breathed heavily on it. You just had to glance over and notice, that ain't right!

I do think there is a point of no return with this oozing.

Still very shady for Hot Toys who they choose to respond and deal with for this fiasco.

Explanation for the oily DX02 Batman from Toy Hunter Facebook
"HT 應該用了TPR代了PVC 物料, 如用TPR料放得耐是好容易會出油的, 可能為了遷就歐美市場不可用PVC而用了這物料吧"

Translated "HT used TPR rather than of PVC, for TPR after a some time, oil comes out, it may be due to the Euro does not allow PVC for figure so to replace it with TPR "

TPR stands for Thermoplastic Rubber

Explanation for the oily DX02 Batman from Toy Hunter Facebook
"HT 應該用了TPR代了PVC 物料, 如用TPR料放得耐是好容易會出油的, 可能為了遷就歐美市場不可用PVC而用了這物料吧"

Translated "HT used TPR rather than of PVC, for TPR after a some time, oil comes out, it may be due to the Euro does not allow PVC for figure so to replace it with TPR "

TPR stands for Thermoplastic Rubber

:confused: Where in Europe is PVC not allowed. A fat chunk of collectibles are made from it (as is, I believe, the TT the suit is on). I think they tried to cut costs to maximize profits and it wound up biting them in the ass with this POS figure.

Besides, when you compare the advantages to PVC, what's happening to this figure doesn't make sense:

Advantages Compared to PVC:
Easy to recycle
Non-halogen (non-harmful gas when burning)
Weight reduction (approx. 30%)
Wide usable temperature
Excellent heat aging stability​

I had a Pilot G-2 pen sitting in the dash of my car, in the slot below my CD player and when I pulled it out today, the rubber grip was covered in a filmy liquid. It wiped away fine. It certainly reminded me of this situation.

I'd bet dollars to donuts the grip and Batman's suit are made out of the same rubber

Checked my Batman's abs this afternoon. After approximately 2 days after I separated the suit and the pants and stuffed some oil absorbent paper, the lower abs are starting to get darker again. Not shiny yet though. :(

Last edited:
:rolleyes:What? So you either make it from a banned substance or it leaks oil?
Thats really not an excuse HT.

PVC is allowed in europe but the use of phthalates is quite rightly banned. But why does your DX02 ooze oil HT? and none of your other bats?
:rolleyes:

Back