DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Hi Manji,
It's not a special type of tissue at all, in fact it's plain old toilet tissue (we call it toilet roll in the UK) I used :lol
I think a few others on here have used kitchen roll (kitchen paper?) too.

This might sound stupid but I don't really want to take any photos of what I've done to my actual figure 'cos he's in a pose I really love at the moment and don't want to have to disturb him incase I can't recreate it lol
I've made a little diagram that I hope illustrates what I've done well enough though...

2-3.jpg

bddfdb1f.jpg

As you can see there are 2 seperate pieces to the suit. The upper armour/torso piece and the lower armour/torso piece.
According to HT, their best guess is that the 2 seperate pieces touching are what's causing the leaking, so the best solution is to stop them touching.
The method I used is basicaly just inserting a few pieces of folded tissue under the upper armour piece (just underneath where the abs are) and making sure it covers most of the area where those two seperate pieces of rubber meet.
I can't take credit for this method, another member on here first came up with this solution, but it has worked very well for mine so far.
I know a few others have tried it and it hasn't worked too, so there's no guarantee it will work for yours.
Good luck with yours though Manji I hope it helps you!

Im very impressed with your diagram! Graphic designer? Adobe illustrator?

cool. and very helpful..

This might sound stupid but I don't really want to take any photos of what I've done to my actual figure 'cos he's in a pose I really love at the moment and don't want to have to disturb him incase I can't recreate it lol
I've made a little diagram that I hope illustrates what I've done well enough though...

:lol Boy, can I relate to that!!!

If one of my figures does get disturbed for some reason [after a mourning period] I try to tell myself: 'I may never get it exactly like it was before, but it will be even better this time!!!' :banana

Forgive me for being a little late to this, has it been found where the oil is actually originating. The mid section of the abs armor right?

My friend gave me this stuff, he works at an autobody shop.

It looks like one of those independent keyboard wipes. The moist towellette in its own little wrapper. Except this is special for removing any and all dirt or oils on car parts prior to painting. He said theres nothing it won't work on, most likely including the issue here.

I don't have a DX, ive been hesitant because of this issue, but if anyone wants to give it a try, PM me and I'll send you one of these wipes so you can try it out. If it works I can get more for others here.

^^^^

It's not a matter of not being able to wipe it off.

The problem is that it keeps coming back! :monkey4

I know, but with this stuff, theres a good chance it won't. Its not just a wet towel, it has chemicals specifally for removing oils completely.

I know, but with this stuff, theres a good chance it won't. Its not just a wet towel, it has chemicals specifally for removing oils completely.

It may remove the oils completely from the surface, but what about the stuff deep in the rubber (or wherever it's coming from)?

I'm no expert though. Any one else have thoughts?

Day 3 of the replacement body fully exposed. No oil leaked. From now on I will report weekly. I'm really happy with HT costumer service.

Thats a really nice offer bud!

I am tempted to use this instead of the tissue paper

:D

Forgive me for being a little late to this, has it been found where the oil is actually originating. The mid section of the abs armor right?

It looks like one of those independent keyboard wipes. The moist towellette in its own little wrapper. Except this is special for removing any and all dirt or oils on car parts prior to painting. He said theres nothing it won't work on, most likely including the issue here.

I don't have a DX, ive been hesitant because of this issue, but if anyone wants to give it a try, PM me and I'll send you one of these wipes so you can try it out. If it works I can get more for others here.

Yeah, that is a real nice pose. So then, when's The Dark Knight cartoon series coming out then? :D
I wish! :D that would be an awesome series!!
Hey matey

:lol:lol plain old tissue paper i think i have some of that lying around

Thank you so much mate! I will certainly have a go at this tonight! Really crossing my fingers and you will certainly know which way it goes for me

Thanks again buddy
That's OK, hope it helps if you decide on this way to go!

Im very impressed with your diagram! Graphic designer? Adobe illustrator?

cool. and very helpful..
Seriously!!! Wow! :google
:clap Nice diagram
Thanks guys! :D really appreciate all the praise!
To be honest though it only took me 5mins to do on Photoshop! I planned on doing something much more detailed but time was not on my side lol

:lol Boy, can I relate to that!!!

If one of my figures does get disturbed for some reason [after a mourning period] I try to tell myself: 'I may never get it exactly like it was before, but it will be even better this time!!!' :banana
Glad it's not just me that feels that way then lol
It's just that sometimes it can take a good few weeks worth of tweaking & futzing to get a pose that's just right - and you better believe no-ones getting anywhere near it now the pose is how I want it :lol

Another potential problem is that the "oil" might actually be crucial to the suit's integrity. We've already seen signs of the suits getting raisin-like after perpetual wiping.

well its been 5 hours since i placed the tissue under the ab plate and no sign of any oil! fingers crossed this is going to work :D

I've been using a sponge as well for the last 3 days and it's stopped leaking but the lower abs are getting shinier... Is there a way to make them look dry again?

Shiny abs for me again :mad:

The tissue paper idea failed for me

I am so pi**ed off with this figure now!!!

HT suck my balls!!!

Shiny abs for me again :mad:

The tissue paper idea failed for me

That's the problem. It's not a 100% working solution. One figure worked with the tissue for me. While the other did not. Same goes for the make-up sponges. There's been a few here that has used the sponges. Some it worked, some it did not.

Plus it's not some physics degree type of thing to put it in below. The way one or two went about it.

Back