DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
does the oil leakage go on forever? or will it stop after several days/weeks?

Have mine since January (first batch )and not stoped yet.. instead of that I would say that the oil leakage has increased and now covers the full 4 plates, and have to clean the abs 2 or 3 times per day :sick

Well it seems as though my camera has grown legs and walked out of my house i can't take any pics, but anyway cut a square shape out of the makeup sponge that will cover and least the back of the bottom ab plates and barely out the bottom of the shirt but just barely the belt will cover this and there u have it when my camera reappears i'll give pics

Have mine since January (first batch )and not stoped yet.. instead of that I would say that the oil leakage has increased and now covers the full 4 plates, and have to clean the abs 2 or 3 times per day :sick

That sucks. If didnt enjoy the film or like batman so much then would probably pass on this since already have the V1. But these leaky abs are making really difficult to keep convincing myself to spend nearly $200 on a figure which should be spot on out of the box, and isnt.

Really hope either stops leaking after a while or Hot Toys pulls their thumb out and do something

Who was it that said their rubber was perishing? I can confirm the short time when mine was leaking their was no wasting away because below the top half of the pants there is no perished marks.

I think as Dinolast last said, that was the glue that damaged it and took the top coating off. So when he saw the huge damaged mark he must have thought "oh _____!".

It's just disturbing though so far nearly everyones has different results, beginning or ending.

Who was it that said their rubber was perishing? I can confirm the short time when mine was leaking their was no wasting away because below the top half of the pants there is no perished marks.

I think as Dinolast last said, that was the glue that damaged it and took the top coating off. So when he saw the huge damaged mark he must have thought "oh _____!".

It's just disturbing though so far nearly everyones has different results, beginning or ending.

Sir, so your DX02 has already stopped leaking without any trace of damage? how long was it leaking? thanks sir

I cut today the front inside rubber part ( pants) wich is in contact with the batsuit (upper suit ), but only the abs area.
Lets see if this definetively works... :tap

Sir, so your DX02 has already stopped leaking without any trace of damage? how long was it leaking? thanks sir

One was leaking for a few days then cleared up. The other kept going for about just over a week and cleared up. Neither were glistening though. Even though it stopped I pushed kitchen roll in below the abs on both figures just to be safe.

Only 1 figure is suffering glistening on his left bicep kevlar plate. I've had them since Feb 15.

I've also just noticed you can push a bit of kitchen roll in below the bicep armour. I thought it was plastic. It too seems to be rubber.

Well after bombing Hot Toys with numerous emails and proof of purchase this is the latest I have recived. I guess Bats is off to HK just like the flick!!! It read as this:

Sorry for keep you waiting!

With regards to your DX Batman replacement request, we have taken it into consideration and decided to replace a new body for you.

Please kindly send the defective body (without accessories & packaging box) to our office for replacement & the details are as below:

Hot Toys Ltd.

Add: 20/F., Southtex Building, 51 Tsun Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong

Contact Person: Suki Au

Tel: (852) 2836 3295

Please kindly let us know after the parcel is sent.

The replacement will be shipped to you after it is received.

Please kindly noted that the oil leakage problem has been greatly improved in the body that we are sending to you.

There may be slim chances of leakage, but it shall not cause much inconvenience to your enjoyment of the collectible figure.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your support for Hot Toys products!

Best regards,

SA/ Hot Toys

So they are still copping to the leakage on new bodys. Not good. Im gonna include a big letter in the box requesting a figure with NO LEAKAGE . They must have one out there that doesnt.

So StudioSunny of eBay has been selling loose DX Batman bodies. I emailed him to ask if his figures suffer from the same oil leackage as everyone else and he said "No, these are the refined version of the figure". So either there is a new body that's been release (Which i highly doubt) or he's just lying and trying to make a sale (which is most likely out of the two).

So StudioSunny of eBay has been selling loose DX Batman bodies. I emailed him to ask if his figures suffer from the same oil leackage as everyone else and he said "No, these are the refined version of the figure". So either there is a new body that's been release (Which i highly doubt) or he's just lying and trying to make a sale (which is most likely out of the two).

Same history as Goodshipped 2 months ago with "perfect" Batch 2 and perfect paint ..but, do not touch the suit with your bare hands !! :rolleyes:

So either there is a new body that's been release (Which i highly doubt) or he's just lying and trying to make a sale

I bet for the second option

Wait... Goodshipped told you that they have a perfect Batch 2 and also told you not to touch the figure with your bare hands?? Wait... you can't touch the DX Bats with your bare hands? Is that one of the theories we have regarding the oils?? I'm getting more nervous about getting a DX Bats now....

What are you talking about? :horror
You don't give all your figures the white glove treatment? :lol

I've bought such a loose DX from him. Still waiting until it arrives to me. I'm really excited now to see if it leaks or not

I've read of some shady practices by Sunny, but personally I have no quarrel with the man. I've never had a bad dealing with him yet. Yes he sent me Joker shoes when I should've gotten Cop Joker shoes but he fixed that problem. So we will see. How long ago did you buy the figure Thrust?

Back