DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
That's troubling, my bicep plates only build up a slight ammount, haven't heard of it getting as bad as the abs.

I'm not the only one, read the Facebook page. Though his is oozing badly on the figures right bicep. Post by Au Tai Ming, 11 hours ago.

23630_1274134697586_1356506282_30741131_610296_n.jpg

I can only assume it's taking Hot Toys so long to give a solution or such is there's something really bad that they don't want to answer.

Tom K Seng I have been wiping my DX2 abds for 2 weeks now and I dont know how long I have to keep doing it. There seems to be no solution so far. Where does this huge volume of oil come from? Just afraid it might be toxic.

Glad I didn't grab this guy upon his first release. What a nightmare of a figure. Really hope the DC Direct batch is fixed.

i do not think this will be resolved which i the reason why I will not be getting one from any batch. I feel sorry for you guys that have got to deal with this.

yeah i think to really guarantee a resolution it would take a re-engineering of the figure and materials used. i doubt HT want to do that for DX2. if they do fix it, in typical HT style, it might be a re-re-release of TDK batman - DX4. with new accessories. that's when i go victor zsazz at HT HQ :lol

lforigno, I think you'll be right. Hot Toys has stopped giving their guff customer support responses to email them. People keep posting about the problem but nothing comes from Hot Toys.

Ignore ignore ignore. The best company policy, when you feck up you just ignore your customers/clients and hide.

To them I think they just dont see it as a big problem because people keep buying the figure. They see it as a small problem like a loose joint or something. As much as people complain there are just as many people defending HT and just as much people buying the DX2. I bet if sales on this figure decline by a lot and all people with problems return the figure then I bet they'll do something about it and probably fix it.

To them I think they just dont see it as a big problem because people keep buying the figure. They see it as a small problem like a loose joint or something. As much as people complain there are just as many people defending HT and just as much people buying the DX2. I bet if sales on this figure decline by a lot and all people with problems return the figure then I bet they'll do something about it and probably fix it.

Won't happen...

Glad I didn't grab this guy upon his first release. What a nightmare of a figure. Really hope the DC Direct batch is fixed.

LOL at those that think that batch, any batch, batch 4, 5, 10, or 12 won't have any issues. Batch this, batch that, I never heard so many guys talk about batches...

Won't happen...

Which is why I'm saying this problem will never be fixed. It's really sad that Hot Toys won't fix this problem and that all of us who decide to pick up this figure is pretty much guaranteed a leaky figure, and now possibly a deteriorating figure.

LOL at those that think that batch, any batch, batch 4, 5, 10, or 12 won't have any issues. Batch this, batch that, I never heard so many guys talk about batches...

I don't get why you don't believe in batches... :confused:

I can only assume it's taking Hot Toys so long to give a solution or such is there's something really bad that they don't want to answer.

I can't imagine what there is to reveal about this problem that could be so bad as to fear sharing it. People know Hot Toys screwed up because it's coming out of the box with problems, so it's not like avoiding answering it could do anything to protect them from looking guilty. I can't imagine any cause would be something so horrific that it'd turn people off to learn about. At this point, people are so annoyed, the worst thing they could say for their public image is nothing and it's what they're doing.

yeah i think to really guarantee a resolution it would take a re-engineering of the figure and materials used.

I don't think anything radical need be done, except maybe some efforts to figure out what specifically causes the problem. That this residue issue doesn't happen exactly the same for every figure, that it varies from mild to excessive says to me that it's controllable, and whatever the cause is, it is more and less controlled over the figures that have shipped, and whatever resulted in the minimally affected figures probably could result in a completely unaffected figure.

I don't think anything radical need be done, except maybe some efforts to figure out what specifically causes the problem. That this residue issue doesn't happen exactly the same for every figure, that it varies from mild to excessive says to me that it's controllable, and whatever the cause is, it is more and less controlled over the figures that have shipped, and whatever resulted in the minimally affected figures probably could result in a completely unaffected figure.

ah true. if its a reaction between materials however, you could assume that in the cases where nothing has appeared yet, the reaction has been slowed down by something. could be temperature, humidity, lack of movement.

It'll be interesting to see the responses on Facebook or such when this hits mainstream for the DCD lot.

Maul: I don't think this problem is really hurting their public image that much. Yes with us it is a little, I say little because people are still buying up this figure even with the knowledge that this problem exists, but look at the responses they've gotten for the MJ Bad. With all the other figures coming out soon this is nothing but a small speed bump for them. A speed bump people only slow down 1 or 2 mph for. They're still going to make bank on the DX Batman. Then its back to regular sales for the other figures. After this problem we have I'm convinced HT doesn't really care about their QC problem and they also have no respect for us consumers.

Another reason why I don't think HT thinks this is a big deal is because of the small support they have on Facebook. I posted something on the HT FB page and some distributors and others told me to just give it a rest and if I don't like the figure just bring it back. So yes HT is still getting back up for their products.

That's funny... Hot Toys way of "dealing"with the problem then. Guess the possibility of the US release being problem free looks dimmer and dimmer. Huh...

Hi everyone... I've got the message from my great Shop Master :
Sorry for keep you waiting!

Yes, please send back the Batman body as per attached (peeling problem), we will send you replacement body after it is received.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

So I return my bat's tomorow mornig....

It's a long.. Long Good bye.....

I can't imagine what there is to reveal about this problem that could be so bad as to fear sharing it. People know Hot Toys screwed up because it's coming out of the box with problems, so it's not like avoiding answering it could do anything to protect them from looking guilty. I can't imagine any cause would be something so horrific that it'd turn people off to learn about. At this point, people are so annoyed, the worst thing they could say for their public image is nothing and it's what they're doing.

Do you even know if it's toxic or not? That'd be a damn good reason for them not to share their findings.

Also guys, just keep posting on the Facebook page, despite the deleting. The more they have to keep deleting questions and statements about this issue, they'll soon come to the realization that they'll either have to seriously address it, or have their customers read about it every time they visit their page.

Last edited:
Back