DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Hi again everyone.. So I clean my bat tonight and....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe it !!

Take a look about the chemical reaction just under... Now the trouser is melting !!!!

It's worse :

I ask a new body to my shop

I noticed the patten on the Kevlar parts seems to have been partly wiped off.

When you clean it, what do you use?

I'm very surprised and somewhat skeptical that the oil could cause such a bad case of corrosion of the rubber itself in such a short time span.

I noticed the patten on the Kevlar parts seems to have been partly wiped off.

When you clean it, what do you use?

I never clean this part... Just the abs... with soft tissue.. I Never clean this part..

Maybe it is here since the begining.... It's the 1st time I check this part... But the locate of this scratch is at the same place that the oil.. So I think this is not a coincidence !

Look at the litlle hole !! It's look like to dig by something... I think it's the chemical reaction..

Last edited:
well it is possible that that damage has been there since day one. I remember seeing somethng like this on the backside of someone's bat

Yes it's possible.... Like the Nuclear Reaction.... Heuuuu... the Chemical........... But it's still strange that located here....

Interesting if it is glue, I know the front of my shirt wasn't glued down at all, I know others have reported similar, be odd if some were and some weren't glued, it could happen, just not normal.

Well the back does have some sort of glue on it.
Sorry, but I'm not buying the chemical reaction just yet
The residue could become adhesive over time under the suit, then when you pull it apart it tears a part off.
We will just have to wait and see. My advice would be to put this figure in the pose you want and leave it alone.
Thanks Hot Toys for taking all the fun away from this figure.

Well I and others speculated about the chemical breakdown of the materials used in the chest plate/silicone. Seems like that was a correct assumption. After all the oil has to come from someplace. As a physicist will tell u, nothing is created or destroyed, one material will become another material. Maybe this is why HT have been so quiet, they know whats going to happen.

Maybe this is why HT have been so quiet, they know whats going to happen.

oh my god :horror batman naked from the neck down? it's gonna look like paul verhoeven made TDK. this just took a serious turn for the worse. the reaction won't die down unless we can somehow coat both reacting surfaces fully with something inert.

i didn't think HT could do a recall like some have said, but now they really need to. this isn't just leftover oil anymore. it's a deteriorating figure. would i sacrifice HT's future projects and creativity for a recall. damn right! coz serious QC is part of progress too, not just cool new designs and innovative ideas. the crap has to work, and last! and more attention needs to be paid to that side of things. this'll learn 'em for the future.

othing is created or destroyed, one material will become another material. Maybe this is why HT have been so quiet, they know whats going to happen.

Fullmetal Achemist !!! My Bats is a philosopher's Stone !!!

I take this situation not seriously because I have a good shop Master !! And he is calm and professional... I'm scared for the ebay's customers...

But .... Believe me... I cry everyday.....

Fullmetal Achemist !!! My Bats is a philosopher's Stone !!!

I take this situation not seriously because I have a good shop Master !! And he is calm and professional... I'm scared for the ebay's customers...

But .... Believe me... I cry everyday.....

Haha :lol the law of Equivalent Exchange!

I think some folks are jumping to the worst case scenario (the scenario in which you end up with a naked figure wearing a cowl), but that doesn't mean I'm against hoping for HT to take responsibility.

i have owned 3 dx batman till nw, only one got the glue prob. guess its just factory QC, nothing to do with the oily prob.

Wonder what the third batch will bring?

Personally I am hoping for some form of possessed TDK DX Batman figure that attacks your pets and generally goes Bat____ crazy. Like Small Soldiers.

I hope that by the third batch, the oil problem would have been fixed. And if it does get fixed, let us hope that there won't be any new problem that pops up.

Wonder what the third batch will bring?

In theory, either finally a 100% problem free Batman, or the oil problem still kicking around. If some new, yet to be seen defect happens, that'd just be awful, I would chalk this figure up to major failure if after 2 rounds of serious complaints and problems, another issue arose. After all this, I'd be watching the current production run like a hawk to make sure NOTHING goes wrong.

This is the only problem I'm suffering as of the last few days now and it's been oozing like Maul's abs. The other figure is dry and packed away. This figure's abs is fine since a week or two back but this started up a few days ago badly.

dscf9084.jpg

Back