DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
OH GOD!
I guess HT was right afterall with the chemical interaction between the two parts :p I better check tonight :(
I can say: "I was wrong" :p

heres what ill be planning right now, ill cut a piece of thin cardboard same size as the sponge put it between the trouser and the sponge itself and wait for an hour or 2, if it is indeed the trouser and upper suit that is causing the oil or the melting of the rubber, then i have to think of something to prevent the two halves from getting in contact to each other.. sigh...

heres what ill be planning right now, ill cut a piece of thin cardboard same size as the sponge put it between the trouser and the sponge itself and wait for an hour or 2, if it is indeed the trouser and upper suit that is causing the oil or the melting of the rubber, then i have to think of something to prevent the two halves from getting in contact to each other.. sigh...

we shouldnt have to f@@k around like this...we have paid a lot of money for this model...it should be perfect!!! period!!! im getting sick of hearing people saying " well the model is awesome so i can live with the defect" bo@@ocks to that...i want this fiasco sorted hot toys!!!:banghead:banghead

Unless you have the most minute ammount of residue and it hides behind the belt, I can't imagine taking a passive stance on it. I accept that a figure like this could break down over the life of owning it, that's a risk you take, but when it comes out of the box problematic, that's a gross error on the manufacturer's part and should be their responsibility to fix, especailly at almost $200, the answer shouldn't be live with it.

Yeah I admit, my attitudes changed on the matter from when I first got it. I didn't care at first but it is unacceptable to live with.

sigh, well, its better to think of something right now, instead of waiting, if ever the time comes they manage to fix it, fine by me, but right now, hot toys is not helping our issue, they said they are looking into it right now, but for my figure, i wanted to act on my own accord

Why is it just the front? what's so special about that part but it's not seeping around the whole waist?

If the rubber had an adverse reaction the whole lot in contact would be acting weird around the entire waist. Surely?... Also why is the biceps seeping on some peoples? once again as I said that area is plastic. How can plastic seep oil through it. It's not absorbent. Unless something is dissolving somewhere... More to the point, how can a thick rubber seep through another thick bit of rubber that then starts oiling up on the outer side when the inner was dry. This was confirmed by cr0w and many others looking inside there.

Well the bicep plates and the stomach part of the shirt feel like the same material, other than being more rigid than the rest of the suit, I couldn't begin to guess what the differences between those pieces and the soft rubber are, but I think it's safe to say, that more rigid material is the problem, all the trouble is being reported in places that are made of it or in contact with it, the rest of the suit is fine.

I think for DCD, Hot Toys should just cast those bits in the same rubber as the rest of the suit, tone down the paint job as needed and call it a day, I think that'd save a lot of trouble. I think every collector would be willing to have the kevlar bits just be a grey paint like the sides and legs of the suit and never leak than have a leaky Batman with nicely painted kevlar.

I think for DCD, Hot Toys should just cast those bits in the same rubber as the rest of the suit, tone down the paint job as needed and call it a day, I think that'd save a lot of trouble. I think every collector would be willing to have the kevlar bits just be a grey paint like the sides and legs of the suit and never leak than have a leaky Batman with nicely painted kevlar.

I don't think thats paint. You can process decals like paint that ends up looking like it's painted on. Tampo prints. Used a lot on diecast.

I don't think thats paint. You can process decals like paint that ends up looking like it's painted on. Tampo prints.

Will it wear away like paint?

However it's done, seems like they need the more rigid rubber to do it, because the stomach on the v1 was just grey paint as are the side and leg kevlar bits on the DX.

Yeah it can, it's done this way to retain the exact detail. It can scrape just as easily as paint but it takes a little bit more force/scuffing. Plus the oil down there wont do it any good keeping it moist all the time with the belt rubbing against it or any area in contact with a wet part. Hence why it either pits or dents or gets worn away. Ending up looking like a fine marked skin thats been punctured.

Under normal conditions it would never wear away like the v1 suit. It would be quite hardy. The v1 silver can rub off. I had to replace that myself.

Hi again everyone.. So I clean my bat tonight and....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe it !!

Take a look about the chemical reaction just under... Now the trouser is melting !!!!

It's worse :

I ask a new body to my shop
Thats a bunch of Bu--S--t! Payin $200+ for a figure and to have it fall apart like this? Damn, now im wondering how long my other HT's will last? will me Don vetos face begin to melt away? HT better do something about this!

Some of HT's stuff can break down more from environmental conditions, like I know people with certain muscle body figures who report cracking and things over time, and I have the same figures with no issues.

There is a risk with rubber products over time, that's a gamble you take, but it should at least come out of the box intact.

I'm curious what sorts of materials HT uses, I've got older toys from when I was a kid made of rubber that haven't dried up or cracked or anything in over 10 years, I would think if a cheap toy could be made of durable stuff, high end figures would be too.

odr78, how long have you had yours before it got like that?

Quite some time ago maybe a week or two ago when cr0w was discussing the foam pads. I took the belt back off again to look under there and noticed how it was a little stuck down there until it separated.

Some of HT's stuff can break down more from environmental conditions, like I know people with certain muscle body figures who report cracking and things over time, and I have the same figures with no issues.

So true. Aerosols is usually the worst culprit. Smoking wont help either.

odr78, how long have you had yours before it got like that?

Well... First.. I'm french so please forgive me my bad English..

2 weeks I have this Bats. In first, i noticed the oil on abs when I opened the box.. But I wasn't overly concerned by that... Because I thinked that not a problem... So I follow HT's instructions... Clean up the abs with tissue..

But tonight I decided to removed the belt to clean all the abs... Then... I noticed a little scratch ! So Iwent under a light to see more.. and I saw the rubber suit melting... well I follow yours topic since 5 days and I've decided to warn you about this..

I've just to phone to my shop and sent the photos and they promise me a new body via HT.. I hope.. I keep you informed by this topic... Of course..

Most likely HT doesn't have a solution. It's probably something in the manufacturing process and aside from trying to correct it for the next run, there isn't anything that can be done for ones already out there.

I know, you say that they should eat the cost of replacing the entirety of the 1st and 2nd run - but business just doesn't work like that. I don't think any of us want HT to go out of business because of what is really a minor issue or not take chances with new methods and materials that are the only way to realize some characters.

How is this a "minor issue?" Leaving the oil on potentially damages the suit. Wiping it off, removes the paint. Plus, as others have said, nobody knows whether or not removing all this oil will have long-term effects and wind up drying out the rubber. I think it's a bit more than minor, I think it's extremely serious as they'll be held to how they deal with this problem for each and every future release. While the HT weenie blowers and pole squatters won't give a damn about it, the working man who forked over 2 days+ worth of work in their hard earned cash to buy this damn thing sure as hell will! :dunno

Whether they replace the suit or give every DX Batman owner a gift cart toward a future purchase, they not only need to acknowledge this issue, but do something about it.

Checked my suit and it's fine.
I have not wiped the oil in ages.
I did notice that the top half of the suit seems to be glued to the bottom half at the back.
pulling up the top half like that, probably removed the glue along with part of the suit.

front of both of mine are not glued together so that can't be it
Not sure if the pictures is causing some halucinations but I think I see a finat change in the refelctive properties of small section of the rubber parts undeath the top portion :(
Mind you I have not had a belt on since the first week of receiving it so I am wondering if the belt will accelerate that reaction as most other chemical reaction would under pressure

Back