DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I seriousley don't even mind the oil that much but since it is coming from somewhere and was not something that was to happen there is a very high chance that it will result in the rubber itself being degraded. so the push for an answer and solution must continue even if the result we are seeking is not guaranteed. All I can guarantee is that if we just accept the situation as it is or do not show a strong front than nothing will happen. I am not upset in any way as it is a toy/hobby and I still am not a stage were I feel played but I am looking to resolve this.

I don't think that the oil issue will result in the rubber being any more unstable than it would be otherwise. In fact it might act as a protectant and make it last longer.

Hi everyone from France...

I have a new words from HT about the Oil Issue :

Concerning DX Batman oil problem on abs areas, it was caused by bat-suit (abs area) & bat-trouser when they touched which create chemical reaction (oil), and we are inspection with factory and will got solution as soon as possible.

Once oil leak out, we recommend customer slightly wipe off the oil by tissue to solve it first.

If your customer still claim for replacement or result in body surface damaged etc., please send us clear photo that shows defective area for our checking, and we will follow up for further action.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your help!

So ! HT confirmed that it was caused by bat-suit (abs area) & bat-trouser when they touched which create chemical reaction (oil)

I guess we must separate these two parts by something Hermetic

I've tried the sponge but it is not efficacious... Something else.

That seems really odd to me... they're both made of the same material so why would they create this reaction?
I did actually check underneath the top half of my DX Batsuit and there wasn't any oil there at all, it was completely dry and didn't seem as though it had been seeping from there.
Seems very strange aswell that this reaction doesn't happen insantly since for me and many others it took a while to appear from being out of the box.

I think the abs is not the same material as the trouser...

Think it.... This is only the abs where the oil is.

If thats what they think... so then why does the biceps partially oil up as well?... thats not a form of rubber. It's plastic. The black trim on mine oiled up at one point, from just the one figure.

I got the "send us a clear picture" mail from them. I did so, which took several tries, since they couldn't see the attachment. Then a request for a copy of the receipt (I sent a Paypal scan) and they noted that "IF i purchased it from an official dealer" to contact them directly. I live in ireland, there are no official dealers to buy the DX02 from. They said they would get back to me, then nothing....
I would like to think they are going to do something about it, or i will be very pissed about having to go through all the mailing back and forth before being told they won't provide a replacement service.

I also pointed out to them that this was obviously a MANUFACTURING problem and not a retail issue. This is their responsibility.

how bad is your oil problem? got a pic? is it worth getting very worked up? or could u live with it

Pretty bad, i posted a thumbnail back a bit in this thread. Wet out of the box, haven't bothered wiping it. I did once when i opened it. There is also a black plastic 'flash' in the eye area and the seams on the cloak are badly joined.

I'm not really bothered so much, I'm a bit of a realist when it comes to stuff like this, it is a toy figure after all. But I do tend to get up on my high horse when I see the manufacturers not taking blame/responsibility for their mistakes. I think they have handled this very badly. HT used to pride themselves on their fan interaction, or so I believed.
:rolleyes:

So ! HT confirmed that it was caused by bat-suit (abs area) & bat-trouser when they touched which create chemical reaction (oil)

Now this was all I was looking for!! A confirmation of the problem. An indication that they are looking into it all the way through even though their current conclusion may or may not be correct but if they are pursuing this to the end the correct analysis and resolution will eventually surface ( just like the oils :().
Thanks for sharing this info

Now this was all I was looking for!! A confirmation of the problem. An indication that they are looking into it all the way through even though their current conclusion may or may not be correct but if they are pursuing this to the end the correct analysis and resolution will eventually surface ( just like the oils :().
Thanks for sharing this info

It is nice to finally hear a direct response. To bad it sounds kind of bogus.

Concerning DX Batman oil problem on abs areas, it was caused by bat-suit (abs area) & bat-trouser when they touched which create chemical reaction (oil), and we are inspection with factory and will got solution as soon as possible.

Once oil leak out, we recommend customer slightly wipe off the oil by tissue to solve it first.

If your customer still claim for replacement or result in body surface damaged etc., please send us clear photo that shows defective area for our checking, and we will follow up for further action.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your help!

What do you think about that Geil?

i know i did what someone on here said and have no oil problems anymore. I just a piece of makeup sponge there and it fixed my problem

It is nice to finally hear a direct response. To bad it sounds kind of bogus.

What do you think about that Geil?

Moi? :eek:
I am not expert here
but based on the observations so far my conclusion is similar to that of you and Vodoun but as long as they continue the investigation and do as they claim then I am sure soemthing meaningful will arise.
As for the residue surfacing and actually having protective properties then us wiping it away and reducing the amount present would potentially be the degarding part as we are asked to do it until it stops oozing which would mean it would be exhausted :(

i know i did what someone on here said and have no oil problems anymore. I just a piece of makeup sponge there and it fixed my problem

:confused::confused::confused:

I was hoping that if mine had the oil problem I would use the sponge fix, but does it always work?

Hi again everyone.. So I clean my bat tonight and....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe it !!

Take a look about the chemical reaction just under... Now the trouser is melting !!!!

It's worse :

I ask a new body to my shop

Hi again everyone.. So I clean my bat tonight and....... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't believe it !!

Take a look about the chemical reaction just under... Now the trouser is melting !!!!

It's worse :

I ask a new body to my shop

OMG, thats also happening on my bats, i just checked it awhile ago, whats happening with this figure?!?!

Back