DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Oh I may have never mentioned but I had some oil on all the biceps as well. Very minor but it was there :(

Yeah, my bicep armor is nowhere near like the abs, but there's without question moisture buildup. That's why I think it's something related to the thicker rubber the ab section and bicep plates are made of, those are the only spots on his whole body that aren't the softer rubber, and the only spots where the residue builds up.

batmandx01.jpg

Y'know, I look at this, and think that is a thing of beauty...

...then remember these defects associated with it. How anyone is able to rationalise those two conflicting elements is beyond me.

It is a beautiful figure, regardless of the defects.

Then again, the oil onmine is minimal, so doesn't bother me too much. Seeing some of them soaked in oil is worrying.

It is a beautiful figure. Without all of the problems it would easily rank higher than the Joker DX for me, but because of all the defects and problems I can't enjoy it as much as the Joker DX.
Mine still has oil/residue and I received mine in the first week of January!

I still absolutely love this figure, i don't regret buying this one bit! The oil build-up problem is minimal and doesnt bother me much either

so i was wondering, when does the oil build-up start? because i was thinking of holding off on getting mine to at least get this problem sorted out. even if it's still in the box, untouched, unmoved, misb or whatever, does the build-up already occur there?

so i was wondering, when does the oil build-up start? because i was thinking of holding off on getting mine to at least get this problem sorted out. even if it's still in the box, untouched, unmoved, misb or whatever, does the build-up already occur there?

From some of the posts here, it would seem it can start straight out of the box, or weeks down the line.

I don't see HT 'fixing' this issue somehow.

Just I find persistent problems such as this tend to exasperate me more and more until I end up disliking the figure itself.

Just I find persistent problems such as this tend to exasperate me more and more until I end up disliking the figure itself.

I don't blame you...it's not like these figures are inexpensive. When you lay out this type of cash you are going to have high expectations.

The figure looks awesome, but I still find myself struggling with the idea that I may buy one and find that the oil issue prevents me from enjoying it.

I like spending a little extra quality time with my bats by cleaning him off. I think of it like polishing a trophy or cleaning a statue. Being that this is the most fantastic figure I have ever purchased (and I don't say that lightly), I feel the oil is an incentive to spend more time on this figure than any other. I just purchased the DX Joker head so I could have both figures looking awesome in my paltry Batman collection. Hopefully it arrives early next week.

But in closing, seriously, this figure, even with the small problem of oil, is an awesome figure - I don't see ebay reflecting people's disgust with the figure because I'm seeing figures going for $229 and up to $260 USD and that's not even including shipping! That's the big factor here: despite the oil drawback, this figure is tops.

I have to agree. I will be persistig on my inquiry with HT but nowhere will I let this get to me and upset me as I enjoy the presence of this figure waaay too much :D to a point I am trying to figure out a display solution where I can have my favorite figure (can't guarantee it will always be DX2 but for now it is) not 2ft away from me in the living room :lol

Last edited:
I do case briefs next to my DX Batman and when I have an assignment due, he goes into the office (at my house) with me. So, essentially, everywhere I go in my house, he goes with me. Strangely, my fiancee is acceptable of this behavior. Then again, she was even more excited than I was when he arrived (I think it was just the anticipation of the wait being over that got her all worked up).

Hmm, interesting insights all.

I do how widespread buyer awareness is about the defects of this figure and whether the thought of missing out on it is more galvanizing than those minor defects could counteract?

Unless you frequent Facebook or a message board like this, you're not going to know about the oil issue until it's too late, sellers aren't going to say it up front that this issue exists, and buyers aren't going to know to ask unless they come to a site like this or see HT's Facebook page and find out the problems exist. I'm sure not all collectors live on the net, so many will buy this figure just on it's visual quality, which is worth the prices it's fetching.

Unless you frequent Facebook or a message board like this, you're not going to know about the oil issue until it's too late, sellers aren't going to say it up front that this issue exists, and buyers aren't going to know to ask unless they come to a site like this or see HT's Facebook page and find out the problems exist. I'm sure not all collectors live on the net, so many will buy this figure just on it's visual quality, which is worth the prices it's fetching.

's'what I thought.

I'm sure not all collectors live on the net, so many will buy this figure just on it's visual quality, which is worth the prices it's fetching.

If it wasn't for this place I wouldn't have known where to get them. \o/

I agree 100%. Had I not found this forum I would not have known about this issue and simply ordered the figure.

Back