DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Re: Has the DX02 Batman Quality Issues been solved yet?

i dont think any batches are clear and free from oil problems. its just luck

Think it will be resolved before the US release? I have one on pre-order with BBTS and am seriously considering canceling it.

i think HT is done with this issue, at first it was only in hong kong market, so recalled is easy. bt now we r talking abt international buyers. it would take a massive amt of money and time to recall all those batmans and exchange them.
so we have to live with it. if u like it, buy it. if not, then avoid it.

The Facebook page seems really sparse now, I guess Hot Toys stopped responding to them with their generic responses.

But what about those of us that have already bought it, having had no prior knowledge at all of this problem? Is it fair that we have to endure this problem and that others may eventualy be getting defect free figures?
Had we known about this problem beforehand many of us may have decided not to buy - but it's a bit late once you have the figure.
HT asking us to constantly wipe the oil from our figures to solve the problem is unacceptable IMHO. The problem should not have been there, but for those of us that do have it we are simply being told to deal with it.
Should we not be entitled to a replacement since we don't have the choice of buy or not buy?

I agree with you sfa. You should "get what you pay for"...and in this case you certainly didn't.

Then again, it doesn't matter if the figure cost $10 or $200. It should be defect free.

But what about those of us that have already bought it, having had no prior knowledge at all of this problem? Is it fair that we have to endure this problem and that others may eventualy be getting defect free figures?
Had we known about this problem beforehand many of us may have decided not to buy - but it's a bit late once you have the figure.
HT asking us to constantly wipe the oil from our figures to solve the problem is unacceptable IMHO. The problem should not have been there, but for those of us that do have it we are simply being told to deal with it.
Should we not be entitled to a replacement since we don't have the choice of buy or not buy?

I hear you sfa. But truth of the matter is, I've come to the conclusion that using the words fair and business in the same sentence is a waste of time. Corporations will be "fair" if they can conclude their solution is financially feasible.

The "fair" thing to do is to offer customers with a defective figure the opportunity to send back their figures for a problem free replacement. The fair thing to do is for HT to cover shipping costs in those situations. If I had to wager a guess, I would assume some of HT's accountants have advised them that such a solution is not financially feasible. Even more disconcerting, is that HT knows that the figure itself looks so good there are a number of folks out there who will just "live with the problem" AND buy other HT products in the future.

Again this is all speculation on my part, perhaps HT has some sort of replacement plan conceived that they will implement shortly for those dissatisfied customers.

this oil concerns me more for other figures. if i got batman and was playing around with him then went to touch other figures is it going to get all over them and ruin them?? I always always wash my hands before i touch my figures I don't want this batman if he's one big greasy bastard!

My DX Batman had a tiny bit of leaking taking place when I first got him a few weeks ago but it seems to have stopped now. My Batman was displayed in quite a cold place, but I don't know if that had any affect or not. The amount of leaking probably just varies between figures and I was lucky to get one with only a minor leaking problem.

*Sigh*
Since making this post I have set up a new display for my Hot Toys Dark Knight figures and while I was moving them to their new home I saw that the leaking on my Batman has returned with a vengeance. Both of the bottom chest armor pieces are now glistening with a greasy glow.

Today I noticed something... Mine is still in the box as I'm still waiting to decide if I'll go for a refund or a replacement or even a magical solution for the oil. So, mine is still boxed and in the same spot in the back of the panel of the batarangs that is above the oil is softer that the rest. This oil is corrosive (in a real small scale of course) so it seems it really is a chemical reaction from the materials used. It's not in touch with the above panel, but liquid is evaporating... Nothing new I know, i'm just sharing...

What puzzles me is some peoples has cleared up, some not, some it never started to begin with then months later it does.

There's never a pattern to it. It starts, it clears up and starts again for some, so how long will it continue... I wish there was answers. Or will it again keep oozing until nothing... so many questions with no answers while we keep playing the guessing game.

Different symptoms for most owners.

Add to that, I only know of one other besides me, but there's also the residue showing up on the bicep armor too, that seems to happen less. It's been so long since I opened him, I can't remember, but I don't think there was any plastic wrapping the bicep, and if so, that squashed the it's from the plastic around the belt theory HT's been throwing around.

Eddie Wong? he had that problem as well. Yeah you are correct, there was no plastic bags near that area at all.

A company that doesn't even know their own products!

batmandx01.jpg

anyone think it might have something to do with a leak from the sonar head? might seem far fetched but that's all I got.

Back