DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Are the oil leak only with the ones with a replacement body and not the DCD release? I know its suppose to be the same body, but it seems its only the people with the replacement having problems. Anyone with the DCD batch experience any oil yet, I haven't.

I was wondering the same thing.
Maybe they just switched out the rubber ab piece from the original and replaced it with the new plastic abs.
Using the same base figures they didn't address the biceps that were also leaking and shipped those back out.
But with the new DCD batch they changed the type of rubber used so those would be less likely to have issues.
IDK, just a theory

The difference is it seems like its only the replacement body so far that is leaking. i also stated it should come from the same batch, therefore the same factories, but you guys with the repalcement did get it before the DCD launch so Hot Toys probably rushed it again.

Do some people not read or what?

11th of June is after the DCD release (May 25 or 26th) was when it went out to shops. The new bodies with the plastic abs started showing up right at the end of April. MaulFan got his from the DCD run through Toys2 which is a good 2 months ago.

This is a replacement body directly from Hot Toys. The same figure thats from the DCD batch. I only got it on the 11th of June which cost me £17 to send it to Hot Toys in Hong Kong.

Maybe they just switched out the rubber ab piece from the original and replaced it with the new plastic abs.
Using the same base figures they didn't address the biceps that were also leaking and shipped those back out.
But with the new DCD batch they changed the type of rubber used so those would be less likely to have issues.
IDK, just a theory

Considering you'd need a new top half of the suit to do that. As I said the figure arrived with the bicep plates absolutely pristine. No marks or oil on it whatsoever.

I have DX from 2nd batch back in around January/Feb 2009.
When I open the box, I could see large amount of oil in bisep (under shoulder pad) and Belt area.

* I also notice 1 part has been eaten by oily, its the Tricep area, lucky me it is unticeable because it is covered by Bat Cape.
This is due to the oil under the plastic cover cannot escape, so that the soft plastic became Bubbling. This case I use small needle to release the oil that is trapped under. DONE.

Then I read some advice, and done good things to DX:
1. Wipe all oil
2. Loosen the belt and put it slightly below abs area. I also put tiny piece of soft cloth under the belt.
3. Lift the shoulder pad and put tissue towel inside so that the kevlar not touching the rubber of the bissep.

For couple of week Oil secretion became slower, and almost stop.

Right now, after 4-5 months, oil not a problem anymore, its dry on the abs also on the bisep and tricep or under shoulder pad/kevlar armor. Never wipe/notice any oil since.

The Key is:
* Plastic cannot touch the rubber, Or Platic cannot touch plastic(with different material). Put thin cloth/tissue in between.
* Put DX in normal room temprature, not too hot or too cold.
* Play once a month with the DX, make a little pose here and there so that the rubber not gettin hard and cracks, rubber must be exercised all the time.

It will be fine guys, no need to worry, afterall DX2 is awesome, the best figure I've ever seen.

Even the DX2 became rotten, it also good for collection, its Battle Damage version, it will be unique, and maybe the next 2 years.. HT realease another DX Batman, surely it will be better, and surely I will buy it again.

DX2 is the best no matter what.

Last edited:
SanShou, sadly that wont work if it was leaking where mine is. Below and beyond the pad. Nothing to hold the tissue.
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2620803&postcount=2552

Hows that any different? it comes from the same factories.

IDK, just a theory

11th of June is after the DCD release (May 25 or 26th) was when it went out to shops. The new bodies with the plastic abs started showing up right at the end of April. MaulFan got his from the DCD run through Toys2 which is a good 2 months ago.

Vodoun If MaulFan got his DX Bats 2 months ago that means he didn't get a DCD batch. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the last minute, Hot Toys changed the shoulder armor also. It sounds like everyone who has a problem right now got their bodies before the official DCD release date. If they, Hot Toys, knew the biceps also leaked, which they did because they replaced several bicep infected bodies, they probably went and fixed those too.

Why did they fix the abs and send them out without fixing the biceps? I don't know. My only guess would be they were rushing the replacements because of all the complaints and didn't see the bicep that big of a problem. But they definitely wanted an oil free DX Batman for the US release.

That's the only thing I could think of to that would explain why the official DCD release is problem free. If I have missed someone with the oil problem that got theirs after the OFFICIAL DCD release please let me know. I'd like to see who is having this problem and when they got the hard abs Batman. So far all I know is the following have oil problems with the new body:

Vodoun
MaulFan
and me

all of which got it before the Official US release.

Vodoun If MaulFan got his DX Bats 2 months ago that means he didn't get a DCD batch. I wouldn't be surprised if, at the last minute, Hot Toys changed the shoulder armor also. It sounds like everyone who has a problem right now got their bodies before the official DCD release date. If they, Hot Toys, knew the biceps also leaked, which they did because they replaced several bicep infected bodies, they probably went and fixed those too.

Why did they fix the abs and send them out without fixing the biceps? I don't know. My only guess would be they were rushing the replacements because of all the complaints and didn't see the bicep that big of a problem. But they definitely wanted an oil free DX Batman for the US release.

That's the only thing I could think of to that would explain why the official DCD release is problem free. If I have missed someone with the oil problem that got theirs after the OFFICIAL DCD release please let me know. I'd like to see who is having this problem and when they got the hard abs Batman. So far all I know is the following have oil problems with the new body:

Vodoun
MaulFan
and me

Exactly what I was trying to say to Vodoun, seems like only the people who got the replacement body and not the official DCD release have problems so far.

What's with all the newbs spouting asshattery and thinking they know more than those of us who've been following this thing since the get go? We already went through this with Johnnyr. Would it really kill you guys to just start about 50 or so pages back and read the thread vs. jumping in, thinking you're the expert on things when clearly, you're not as there're 263 pages of valid counterargument? :huh

Last edited:
Guys am extremely confused atm!!

My DX batman just came today from China (got at good price) was told it was good batch.

Now when I took him out I noticed a little damp patch and the bottom right ab. Now straight away I thought great I got a leaky one.

Now when I wiped it away I noticed that bottom two abs are hard top 2 are soft??

I noticed the belt came on him with a little bit of plastic wrap round the belt which feels a little damp.

I can see no plastic under the midsection

Am unsure which one I got

Could this figure be the fixed batch but picked up a little damp/condensation on the way. Iv checked this 10 times now and got the girlfriend to check the bottom abs are definitely hard plastic top 2 are rubber

Edit: just noticed there is a DC logo on the box not sure if thats on all of them or just the Dc batch

Last edited:
So the DCD figures are oily now . . .

THIS IS GREAT!

Guess I made a mistake buying two.

Vodoun
MaulFan
and me

SanShou, hello! Knock knock! I got mine after the DCD run was released to retailers.

MaulFan was part of the new body run, regardless if he wasn't part of the official DCD launch date. These new bodies with plastic showed up right at the end of April.

DCD run starts on 26th of May, you do know June comes after May right? 11th of June was when I got the new bodies that had NO OIL for over a week and a bit.

This is real rocket science stuff. Clearly.

If mine start showing any signs of oil I'm selling them. This is ____ED. Hot Toys should just refund everyone. Every buyer, every seller, everyone.

Ok just noticed mine is fubar here pics

the whole ab area is hard and here whats underneath

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

SanShou, hello! Knock knock! I got mine after the DCD run was released to retailers.

MaulFan was part of the new body run, regardless if he wasn't part of the official DCD launch date. These new bodies with plastic showed up right at the end of April.

DCD run starts on 26th of May, you do know June comes after May right? 11th of June was when I got the new bodies that had NO OIL for over a week and a bit.

This is real rocket science stuff. Clearly.

Are you sure that the replacement bodies were "new figures" and not just the same figures that were sent in just with the ab plates switched out?
Wouldn't that make sense as far as why they wanted the whole body sent back instead of having people just send proof that it is destroyed like they do with some other parts?

Are you sure that the replacement bodies were "new figures" and not just the same figures that were sent in just with the ab plates switched out?
Wouldn't that make sense as far as why they wanted the whole body sent back instead of having people just send proof that it is destroyed like they do with some other parts?

Considering you'd need a new top half of the suit to do that. As I said the figure arrived with the bicep plates absolutely pristine. No marks or oil on it whatsoever.

The reason why the old bodies were sent back is so you can't salvage a truetype out of it. They slip on new rubber.

Back