DX Predator?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Not to really dog on Tsang, since I, very happy with my Classic P1 conversion, but HT really needs to look at outsourcing and getting other talented sculptors on board. Not sure if Kyle Windrex/Tank Man is obligated by contract with NECA but Id love to see them get him on board for a DX 1987 Jungle Hunter. :drool:

Seconded. I'd love to see tankman on board.
He did a fantastic job sculpting NECA's 1/4 Predator.

Yea then you'll have the same ol ppl who don't like PERS talking about googly eyes

I'm one of those, but in a face that's all prosthetic, like the Pred, the eyes get "pushed back" a bit into the costume, and PERS could work.

I'd buy a good P1, for sure.

Two Big Cute Rolling Eyes is not worth that price.

Last edited:
I'm one of those, but in a face that's all prosthetic, like the Pred, the eyes get "pushed back" a bit into the costume, and PERS could work.

I'd buy a good P1, for sure.

Plus his eyes have a good deal of 'mascara' around them.. Jack Sparrow/Ledger Joker style.

DX means you paying much more money for two Big Cute Rolling Eyes.

Inaccurate statement.

BUT as far as the DX10 and DX13 go. BOTH are very highly iconic representations of the character so I think both are justified.

There was nothing "deluxe" about DX10, it was essentially the same figure everyone already had but it had a slightly better head sculpt with PERS.

2 figures from one movie that look identical but one is damage is a massive waste of a slot and reeks of double dip.

They could have easily put out DX13 with a regular set of clothes and sculpt, charged $330 and EVERYONE would have bought it.

There was nothing "deluxe" about DX10, it was essentially the same figure everyone already had but it had a slightly better head sculpt with PERS.

2 figures from one movie that look identical but one is damage is a massive waste of a slot and reeks of double dip.

They could have easily put out DX13 with a regular set of clothes and sculpt, charged $330 and EVERYONE would have bought it.

Theres nothing really "Deluxe" about DX03, DX08, and DX09 either imo, even if its characters we have or have not gotten. Sure they could have always added more stuff, but that seems to be a dying thing lately. (All the extra accessories etc.)

Theres nothing really "Deluxe" about DX03, DX08, and DX09 either imo, even if its characters we have or have not gotten. Sure they could have always added more stuff, but that seems to be a dying thing lately. (All the extra accessories etc.)

I'd agree with MJ. But DX08 and 09 are two of the best HT's in existence and possibly ever. Deluxe doesn't mean we should just get a whole load of useless extra's. It should mean that the figure is the pinnacle of that character, there is nothing better.

If that's not worth the extra cash then I'm not sure what is!

I know people not even interested in toy/figure collections who have or want both of those figures just because they are so cool. :wink1:

A separate line should mean quality, something a bit special, something eye popping. Not just -

" here's the figure you guy's already have from our MMS line and kit bashed but we've increased the sculpt accuracy by 15%......oh and its real leathhhhhhher"

Last edited:
I'd agree with MJ. But DX08 and 09 are two of the best HT's in existence and possibly ever. Deluxe doesn't mean we should just get a whole load of useless extra's. It should mean that the figure is the pinnacle of that character, there is nothing better.

If that's not worth the extra cash then I'm not sure what is!

I know people not even interested in toy/figure collections who have or want both of those figures just because they are so cool. :wink1:

A separate line should mean quality, something a bit special, something eye popping. Not just -

" here's the figure you guy's already have from our MMS line and kit bashed but we've increased the sculpt accuracy by 15%......oh and its real leathhhhhhher"

Oh I misunderstood you then. I thought you were saying that a DX should include a tons of accessories. As far as the DX10 goes, really what should have happened is this is what we should have gotten from the begining instead of the MMS117.

It may seem like "too little too late" but it really is worth of the upgrade. At least to me it is.

As for DX08 and DX09 being the "pinnacle"....well....yeah they are, because we have never gotten anything before it. But aside from PERS what those figures came with would be pretty standard with a MMS release of the same. Just wait for the DX Batman Returns Batman and the future Jack Joker(s) HT has hinted at. Trust me, theyll have multitudes of those characters in the DX line as well, just not so close together.

Last edited:
Id like to add though that I agree that "DX" releases should be the "End all Be All" of that characters release. Or at least from that specific film. I thought the DX12 was over kill with Nolan Bats, but I still bought it as an upgrade from my DX02 of the character. :lol

Last edited:
I still think the PERS system would look good in a Pred headsculpt.

It would be fun to try and create some of the Preds looks throughout the film. Especially this scene:

screenshot-med-34.jpg

Some posable eyebrows and real quills would be great too.:D

Back