DVD/Blu-Ray Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Lonnie, if it's like any other Walmart pre-orders, it will be about $15 because you get access to the Ultraviolet copy before it's out on Bluray.

I could probably talk myself into all three at that price, but I'll have to see what they look like first! :slap

Walmart Canada has a preorder for The Hobbit digibook, and it looks like the US will get it as well! There will be a preorder (with an empty case) starting on Feb 26th, which will have three different lenticular cards to choose from! This info is from a Walmart employee who posted it over at Blu-ray.com, so it seems trustworthy. I hope the preorder only requires a deposit... I'm in for all three if so.

Found this.....

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/the-ho...+blu&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=true&addFacet=

Yes, that's the one I mentioned; official US preorders for all retailers starts on the 26th, so probably why the Walmart preorder is going up then.

I didn't see anything about cards though. I doubt I'll buy all three. I'm betting they'll have Bilbo, Thorin and Gandalf (or Gollum)

I wonder if our's will have the same cover.

Right now I want the 3D lenticular verison and now this.

Josh is going to go insane. :lol

Stoopid question: What is "ultraviolet" when it pertains to DVD/Blu?
And why is it desirable to have?

It allows you to watch the movie on a mobile device like an iPad/iPhone. It's nice to have it so you can watch so,e of your favorite movies say in the car or on a plane.

Walmart preorder 3D cards...

hobbitgandalf.jpg

hobbitbilbo.jpg

hobbitthorin.jpg

Zero Dark Thirty Best Buy steelbook came out today and seems to be in short supply, so if you want one, don't wait!

Les Mis steelbook on Friday.

ZD30 did go fast. One BB near me got 9 of them I believe. I think 5 were on hold for phone/online orders and then there were 4 left.

Don't forget about Target exclusive of Les Miserables if anyone wants that too.

Of course BB also has their lenticular slip for The Hobbit.

Back