Durability of statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgolking

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I've just recently decided to get seriously into this hobby and want to know what I should expect in terms of statue wear and tear over time. Do the colors fade over time? What are some good times to ensure longevity?

Thanks.

Statues are made by different companies, using various materials and a variety of processes.
It's like asking what you should expect in terms of wear and tear/color fade from cars, or clothes.

Everything fades with time if left in direct sunlight. Keep 'em out of the sun. As far as wear and tear... if you're just collecting statues, there really shouldn't be any. Put it on display and leave it alone (but not on a window sill :wink1:).

Thanks for the feedback. I'm mainly collecting Sideshow pieces. Want to know if I can expect the colors to not be as vibrant over time. Sounds like everything should be ok as long as they're not next to the windows ;)

Well with Sideshow they've now been around long enough to get some basic ideas.

I owned the Sean Connery James Bond statue which was from 2004 ....bought in 2011, I think I was the 2nd owner, and I've now onsold it...
It's now 10yrs old, been displayed the whole time and been shipped around the world multiple times and the paint work still looks as fresh as the day it was released. Same goes for the clothing.

They have clothing mishaps at times ...like the glue used on the Raiders of the Lost ark Indy leather jacket deteroriating ....or some of the early stretchy fabric eventually loosening a little on superheroes.... but in general everything holds up.

Sideshow's bigger problem is not being able to get stuff out the door at an acceptable level ....but assuming they don't give you a screwed up statue up front, it'll generally hold up over time :D

Back