Due to money issues I have had to cancel...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can relate...I've been thinking of not collecting the new Star Wars figures like I planned to. Recently, a financial situation has been brought to my attention and I may need to help my family out. They would never ask me unless they really needed my help, so it's a serious issue, and by not collecting the Star Wars figures I could save quite a few bucks.

kingdarkness03 said:
that is soooo sad:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2........I may be feeling that same pain very soon.....I have to buy a new car and I may have to cancel some pre-orders..NOOOOOOOOOOO....

Good news..Friday was a good day for me...not only did I get Qui-Gon exc. ordered with no hasle I also got a new car...well new to me...Its a 2005 Toyota Highlander(no Connor or Kurgan included:monkey2 )it is in great shape and only had 20,000 miles on it...and the even better news......I dont have to cancel anything:D :D :D I got a REALLY good deal on it.....I am sooooo happy...I havent had a car since Jan 13 when a lady desided she didnt have to stop at a red light:monkey4 :monkey4 ....but all is well...I have a new car and Luke exc. should be here in a few days to cellibarte with me!

I have made the decision not to collect the 12 inch Star Wars line. I decided officially last night. At $50 a figure, combined with the sheer amount of characters that will be made, this is the easiest way for me to save. I can use the money I would have spent on these towards other possible figures.

I'm not too bummed about it. I'm not much more than a casual SW fan anymore, anyway. The passion isn't there like it used to be.

I'm not sure what to do myself -- keep my exclusive pre-orders or not.
It's not only a money issue but I've run out of display space-- and there's just no way I'm going to buy something without displaying it!

I collect both LOTR & SW PF and have a few 12" exclusive figures on pre-order. I just might cancel the LOTR PF Frodo and Lurtz (Oh no, not Lurtz!) and continue with the 12" collection. As far as the SW collection, I'll probably continue the PF line but cancel the 12" pre-orders.

Good luck to all....

I had to cancel my Pred. Maquette, just can't afford it right now. My CC is taking hit after hit and now Obi's shipping soon, after that will be GG, then the Maul bust, Hulk vs Spiderman. There seems to be no end in sight. But that's a good thing.

2004 was my "catch-up" year for SS/W LOTR poly. My finances are still recuperating from it. :sick

Been more than interested in the SW things...especially since SW came out with their magic. But I realized fairly early on that I couldn't keep up with the LOTR stuff (my primary passion) and the SW as well - monetarily as well as space. Made the painful decision to not delve into SW when I got my e-mail notifications that my wait list request for both Luke and Han exclusives were going to be converted to actual orders -- I declined them both. Still have a few pangs of regret every now and then, but now that I'm being lured into the 12" and PF versions of LOTR, I think I made the right decision. I can only handle one line at a time to be obsessive with without seriously impacting my lifestyle (house, car, and utility payments as well as that nagging thing called eating).

Last edited:
That's tough, having to cancel....but with the amount of stuff coming out, no wonder.
Don't worry, there are way worse things in life.

Back