DST Monsters next wave

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
New additions are

--The Metaluna Mutant (Toys R Us exclusive)
--The Invisible Man (comic shop deluxe variant has a table and lab equipment)
---The Phantom of the Opera (Chaney). (Comic shop deluxe variant comes with an organ and bench for him to be seated)

IMG_5008.jpg

got any pics for me?

only thing i can find are ones on figures.com but it's all of the invisible man... i wanna see the phantom!!!

haha that dude must love the invisible man, there's like 20 pics of him :)

ps - i thought u were done with these :toilet_cl

I aint buying them....but there are friends here who still do (right Nickie). I am passing along the info. like a good little freak. The Phantom on the organ is a neat idea though, and one I thought SSC wouldve done as a diorama had they not lost their license.:monkey1

You probably wont see decent pics until all of the popular stuff gets covered first(He-Man, transformers, G.I. Joe, Sta Wars, blah, blah, blah). Since the Classic Uni-Monsters are always an after thought they post stories and pics on them pretty much last.

Last edited:
I buy ALL THINGS invisible man or jekyll and hyde. Lab table is a BIG plus!

Only phantom i;m interested in would be a claude rains version.

I buy ALL THINGS invisible man or jekyll and hyde. Lab table is a BIG plus!

Only phantom i;m interested in would be a claude rains version.

I find this post offensive.

CHANEY OR BUST!

Er, or CHANEY BUST! I'll take one of those too!

I find this post offensive.

CHANEY OR BUST!

Er, or CHANEY BUST! I'll take one of those too!

Its Chaney for me too. Or Herbert Lom as a second. I like Claude as the Phantom, and the film is good. But Chaney's Phantom is beyond compare, and Lom's mask is creepier than his scarred face. I think It inspired Jason Voorhee's look in Friday 13th part two. Very similar concept. Blank non descript face and only one open eye hole.

Phantom%20of%20the%20Opera,%20Herbert%20Lom.jpg

jasonbag.jpg

Pictures are courtesy of our own Michael Crawford's coverage of the event. Posting here. I dont THINK Mike would mind. (Hope not anyways).

sdcc2011_dst_18.jpg

I wish someone would get better shots of the Phantoms. They look the most interesting.:peace

I aint buying them....but there are friends here who still do (right Nickie). I am passing along the info. like a good little freak. The Phantom on the organ is a neat idea though, and one I thought SSC wouldve done as a diorama had they not lost their license.:monkey1

You probably wont see decent pics until all of the popular stuff gets covered first(He-Man, transformers, G.I. Joe, Sta Wars, blah, blah, blah). Since the Classic Uni-Monsters are always an after thought they post stories and pics on them pretty much last.

Richard I am having 2nd thoughts about this hobby all together
because of what is going with me and the Sideshow Collectibles Ardeth Bey 1:1 Scale Silver Screen Edition Bust right now.:(:monkey2

Nick

Heh... I'd actually like to SEE those first two as movies...

I wouldn't mind any of them taking a crack at the roles, I just don't think a company should be trying to pass them off as Legosi, Karloff and Lanchester aka "the original monsters." Either put the money into doing remakes or stop cheaping out and pay for the likeness rights. And if they already/still have them, then WTF?! :monkey1

Saw all three TRU exclusives today. Couldn't pull the trigger and buy any of them. The Dracula is so generic it evokes nothing. The other two sculpts are much better, but Frankenstein's Monster and The Bride of Frankenstein are almost the identical poses as the superior 8" Sideshow figures, and the paint apps on Frankstein's Monster seemed to be particularly sloppy. The Bride's paint apps were better, but not enough to justify the $14.99 purchase price. Might pick-up the Diamond Select Frankenstein's Monster with lab table, but it is a definite maybe.

Back