DST Monsters at SDCC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of base did they make for the Hunchback? Photos would be awesome! :)

TRU version:

a1c3ec4e128611e38c8322000a9e08d3_7.jpg

DST deluxe version
Comic-Shop-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-7-Inch-Figure.jpg

Hyde has a rooftop for the TRU version, and a round base with some rats and a lab table with equiptment for the DST deluxe version.

Mole man is the TRU exclusive and comes with a similarly designed base as SSC's version, sans nameplate.:peace

apbg1v.jpg

Thanks! The Gargoyle base is more visually interesting to me--glad I got that version. I will definitely track down the rooftop version of Mr. Hyde at some point.

TRU version:

a1c3ec4e128611e38c8322000a9e08d3_7.jpg

DST deluxe version
Comic-Shop-Hunchback-of-Notre-Dame-7-Inch-Figure.jpg

Hyde has a rooftop for the TRU version, and a round base with some rats and a lab table with equiptment for the DST deluxe version.

Mole man is the TRU exclusive and comes with a similarly designed base as SSC's version, sans nameplate.:peace

apbg1v.jpg

As a former "hater" of the DST line---believe me when I say you'll want both vrsions of Jeyll and Hyde. I am getting both. The TRU version will be displayed as Hyde. The DST as Jekyll. DST Jekyll version comes with far too many accessories to pass on.

I did a very quick repaint of the rooftop base for the TRU Mr. Hyde exclusive figure. Tried to weather it a bit more and highlight some of the sculpt details that got lost in the pretty basic factory paint job.

ry%3D400

ry%3D480

I grabbed the Creature today from Toys R Us (last one!) he looks amazing.

The best Creature figure to date, IMO. Even better than Sideshow's.

Universal-Monsters-Select-Creature-TRU-Version.jpg

Here's a review

^The pics in the review don't do it justice either. I'm thinking the reviewer got one with not so hot of a paintjob, because the one I picked up today looks EXACTLY like the one in the pic above.

I'm still waiting on my from EE - I've seen them at TRU, but the Frank and Helsing have the lackluster bases. I'll be reviewing all three once my order finally shows up!

I'm still waiting on my from EE - I've seen them at TRU, but the Frank and Helsing have the lackluster bases. I'll be reviewing all three once my order finally shows up!

Frank (no Karloff likeness at all) and Van Helsing didn't look too great. I can see them being peg warmers, especially Helsing.

Creature is amazing though, seriously. Great, well hidden articulation and top notch paint and sculpt. The head sculpt looks WAY better than the previous Creature DST released. Very accurate to the movie.

I grabbed the Creature today from Toys R Us (last one!) he looks amazing.

The best Creature figure to date, IMO. Even better than Sideshow's.

View attachment 133939

Here's a review

^The pics in the review don't do it justice either. I'm thinking the reviewer got one with not so hot of a paintjob, because the one I picked up today looks EXACTLY like the one in the pic above.
I agree 1000% . this gillman is the best one made so far(in action figure form), far better than sideshows.

Last edited:
Frank (no Karloff likeness at all) and Van Helsing didn't look too great. I can see them being peg warmers, especially Helsing.

Creature is amazing though, seriously. Great, well hidden articulation and top notch paint and sculpt. The head sculpt looks WAY better than the previous Creature DST released. Very accurate to the movie.
this new creature is fantastic indeed!! I love mine.

Back