DST: Lord of the Rings 6? action figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look like they’re designed to be put in one very specific pose and never touched again. Pretty much just like Marvel Selects. The only thing that’s missing is diorama bases! So many possibilities there which would sweeten the deal and win me oven for sure.
I actually like the old school paint apps style; they’re potentially superior to anything we’d get from a Hasbro legends style series, but the articulation is clearly very limited which just makes these cheap little statues. I’m not knocking that at all btw. Iron Studios are too expensive to collect along with the Asmus offerings for me but these could make for a promising side collection.

I’m almost certain they’ll be 7 inch scale Which means I can’t just swap these onto my Toy Biz collection and will inevitably have to get every single character again regardless of their importance but- such is the life of a collector.

What’s the likelihood of Sauron being a BAF? I’d actually be ok with that because it would open the door for all larger creatures like trolls, Shelob, maybe even larger dioramas could be offered as BAF sets.

I was just thinking how I wish someone would pick up this license and here it is. They look very nice, I'm not too dynamic with my poses so limited articulation is fine by me. I'll be keeping an eye on this line for sure.

I just heard about these! I think these protos look great, though several comments in this thread made me more nervous about them.

I would love a full Fellowship (and that Sauron looks awesome) in this scale, so I hope these turn out great!

Easy pass. With all the stuff that Asmus has done, is doing, and will do — these just can’t compare.

No kidding. These are $30 (probably). The Asmus figures are $200. It's like comparing Hot Toys to Marvel Legends.

I saw an interview with the Diamond guy and he said they're releasing these in waves of two with Legolas and Gimli out first and due by the end of the year. I think he said Aragorn and the Ringwraith are next and Frodo and the goblin after that. The goblin doesn't come with a BAF, which is nice for those who only want to focus on the main characters.

Good info to know. Yes I prefer Asmus, but if these are good enough I will end up getting them as well, especially if they are spaced out and only two per wave. I could easily display a few on my work desk where there is no way I would bring a 1/6 figure to work.

Holy moly I?m excited for these! I sold off(and have since rebought a portion of) my toy biz collection nearly 10 years ago. I need these in my life. My wife (when she finds out about these) will be much less excited.

DST-Lord-of-the-Rings-Series-1.jpg

Gimli and Legalos are up for preorder, they have Sauron pieces, so you have to collect them all. I'm in on these. I'm gonna get a few 1/6 figures but I'll get the whole Fellowship in this scale.

They look great; I’m just not interested in 1:12 LOTR action figures, happy with what Asmus has given us in 1:6 scale.

These look pretty good. I have wanted to do a LoTR display but did not want to start down the Asmus 1/6 road due to cost.

If these turn out well I am probably in for the at least the fellowship. I am just curious by what DST means by "collect the whole line" to get the pieces for Sauron. I would like to have Sauron so I hope that doesn't mean having to buy lots of figures that I don't really want. But it probably does...

Also, the weapons look clunky imo. Gimli and some of the other figures look like they are not even holding them. Are they pegged in? I also hope that the weapons are improved to look more realistic and that the hands actually hold them properly.

I don't know how to feel about this line, do they improve the ToyBiz line? Honestly don't think so, they are clearly comparable because they are in the same price range and kind of similar sizes.
I've been dusting some of my LOTR figure collection, and they look really good, now I could justify going after these diamond line if they improved something but the Aragorn is nothing like Viggo(ToyBiz never nailed it neither), Legolas is way worse than ToyBiz, that ab crunch looks really bad, Gimli is good, but maybe too big in comparision to legolas, probably the best but Toybiz did some really good ones too(really easy when beard covers all the face), frodo same as the last, looks good but also does ToyBiz one, the goblin looks solid for army building but not really my thing.
I wish I could like them, and I'll wait for in hand pics, this is probably my favourite franchise to collect(minus Batman) but I can't justify yett starting a new figure collection based on those figures they have shown.

Edit: one other thing, just realized the feel of these are comic like, or cartoon, not the realism I look in the figures of a film.

Do you guys like that ab crunch in Legolas?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

I'm never a fan of super noticeable ab crunch like that! I find it too distracting to the look of the figure. I would have a handful of other figures in my collection if not for ab crunch seams like the one Legolas has in this line.

Back