DreamEx 1/6 Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so excited about these Turtles. Bought Shredder and Casey and the more I see of the Turtles the more I realize they are just truly awful. The front of the shell looks painted on and the texture on the good heads doesn't match the body. I'm not sure what I'll do about Turtles to go with my other two. I guess the Mondo ones are an option.

What are you smoking? awful? These are some of the best 1/6 scale turtles ever made. Tons of accessories! Metal Weapons! Beefy and solid plastic figures (nothing cheap) and a great price to go with it...The Mondo figures suck compared to these

I was so excited about these Turtles. Bought Shredder and Casey and the more I see of the Turtles the more I realize they are just truly awful. The front of the shell looks painted on and the texture on the good heads doesn't match the body. I'm not sure what I'll do about Turtles to go with my other two. I guess the Mondo ones are an option.

Y4ur p4st is full of f4il

I had some issues with the art direction initially, mostly the alternate heads, but you can easily tell the care put into them. Design looks consistent. Effort is being put into build quality where most other companies would look at where to cut, at this price range. These are the closest you'll get to the 2003 series, if you enjoyed that one, with a few touches of the 80s.

Mondo, while I respect what they do, should stick to prints and vinyls if they are not able to improve the QC and expand the line beyond the turtles in a timely manner. I canceled mines without regret.

Guys a quick question about raphael
Is the stock left hand (the one thats supposed to hold theh sai)
Are the 2 fingers supposed to be attached to each other at the end?
Cause on the right hand the 2 fingers r not attach and on the left they r (near the end of the 2 middle fingers holding the sai)

IMG_1744.jpgIMG_1744.jpg

Let me get some grievances out the way. I do have some issues with the figures, not with the quality itself, but what I believe are missed opportunities. First, it's the articulation. I wish we could have a better bend at the elbows and double-jointed knees. I had a plethora of poses I had in mind with these figures, but the range of bend in some of the joints makes some posing far more limited. Also, I wish they came with a couple more hands, like a flat palm. Lastly, though it's pretty much nitpicking, I wish the eyes had that PERS system some Hot Toys got, but there's no way to get that without a significant price increase.

All of that said, I absolutely LOVE these figures. These are the best, most detailed, most accessorized Turtles figures on the market. If you're a fan of anything Turtles, and have the money to spend, get these figures. Period. What's also astounding is that in a short amount of time, they will have the most amount of collectible figures released on the market, surpassing Mondo, Revoltech, and Figurearts (and catching up with NECA). What's really astounding is how closely the final product looks like to the promo pics. This isn't like most products, what you see IS what you get.

I know there are those who rather want a specific version Turtles. That's understandable and to each their own. But for those who embrace the entire mythos, from Mirage to Nick, these are the figures for you, and it doesn't get better than this.

Yeah,I am a big fan of these. I was leary at first and figured I'd gamble with Casey since he is my favorite,but after getting him,All worries were set aside.

Shredder was the icing on the cake and after getting the turtles,I am all in this line (even for April :lol)

I really hope Dreamex has plans for more of these and does Rocky Steady and Bebop along with (and I am sure it's a stretch) Leatherhead,Baxter,Ace Duck,
General Traag,Rat King and maybe a Foot soldier and yes, April

Ok... Dreamex can slow a bit down. Let my wallet breath

I'd say around summer : late June.
I'm preordering mine tonight. Totally love this range.

I doubt if it takes that long. I'd say April...May the latest. And hopefully Krang before the year is out.

Interesting to see how they do Krang. I hope they keep the size of him the same even though I know it will make him more expensive than previous releases for that reason. As for his accessories I wonder if they will include Krang's little mobile scooter vehicle that you could of gotten separate in the original line.

Whoa. Got an email from BBTS saying they got my Leonardo and Raphael already. Didn't even get a "Preorder Processing Soon" email. Can't wait to get them!

BBTS will give you 10 day notice for a $10 action figure but will just hurry and secretly charge you for a $200 figure:rolleyes: Guess they don't want people canceling those at the last minute if people aren't ready for a big charge.

Back