Dragon Toy - The Dark Ruler 1/6 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received a shipping notice from GD with the tracking info. I placed my order on Thurs so the turn around is pretty amazing. Every new set of photos of this figure is impressive and I'm really looking forward to receiving it. I'll definitely work out replacing the chainmail but everything else looks great! My only display solution is to have him standing on the top of the Detolf that my LOTR figures are in. I'll just have to live with dust issues.

Thanks to [B]Pizza[/B] and [B]lordnastrond[/B] for your pics! [B]Pizza[/B], would you share the source for the base that you used for your figure? I've looked online for something suitable but so far the one you used looks good.

Any tips that other fellow freaks have for available bases would be much appreciated by myself and possibly others getting this figure.

Cheers!

I believe the base being used by Blackout is from the Stealth spiderman set with the led molten man display.

Attachments

• Hot-Toys-Molten-Man-Diorama-Base-Spider-Man-Far-From-Home.jpg
    Hot-Toys-Molten-Man-Diorama-Base-Spider-Man-Far-From-Home.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 0
how does it attach to the figure? did they just glue it under the body?
I havent had time to analyze it extensively but it looks like it is attached to a cord that attaches to the body. It could be a pretty easy swap out if that's the case.

Been waiting for another preorder to open up. For the $200-240 it’s an easy buy. I’m not going to pay 300-500 resale for it. i waited to see what the QC was going to be like and it looks decent

I must say this figure is outstanding. It is a bit like Toybiz Sauron..the joints bend 90 degrees, both knees and arms bend 90 which means single joints.

If anyone owns the NECA original1/4 scale Predators it's like that in feel. The thighs/legs kick a bit outward due to hip sculpt, but yeah, like those NECA predators with ball jointed hips, it has that same quality feel, but.....

If anyone wonders, it is very much is a NECA-esque quarter scale Figure. It feels like it, the plastic feels like it, the joints also except the joints on this are smooth and not stuck like NECAs joints typically are. NECA joints are scary because they often feel stuck.

For this Sauron having a stand is a must. I feel this CAN tilt over without a stand....people who order/who have this, should invest in a stand 100%. Protect your investment as this could be a stage dive waiting to happen.

Last edited:
I keep seeing sellers list this Dark Ruler figure as Dragon Play as opposed to Dragon Toy. Any ideas why that might be? The promo photos are the same.

Mine came in from Gundamnit. Gonna mod the chainmail using the one I got from Ebay. This guy is HUGE and so was the box.

Gonna sit him on top of a detolf after doing the chainmail. I do need to source a base for this guy. None of the joints on mine are weak but would feel safer having him on a base for being so tall. Quite happy with this for $240. I've had worse figures that have costed more.

xdhPI7m.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine came in from Gundamnit. Gonna mod the chainmail using the one I got from Ebay. This guy is HUGE and so was the box.

Gonna sit him on top of a detolf after doing the chainmail. I do need to source a base for this guy. None of the joints on mine are weak but would feel safer having him on a base for being so tall. Quite happy with this for $240. I've had worse figures that have costed more.

xdhPI7m.jpeg
Post a pic when you change the chain mail. I’m curious what it would look like.

Are the ones it come with plastic?

Back