DRAGON (Cyber Hobby) Captain "Mills" vs DID Captain Miller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbang

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm late to the game and want to build a custom Miller figure from Saving Private Ryan. I don't really need it to be 100% accurate. I initially wanted to buy the DID figure but it,s out of stock. But the Dragon figure is still available and cheap, so I'm thinking of buying this one, and perhaps change it's head.

My question is: How are these Dragon figure holding up in terms of size? Are they standard 1:6, or smaller (like Medicom, for example). Will I have trouble changing it's head ? (and putting back the helmet, for example)

Thanks for the advices.

I'm considering this head :
th1.jpg

I'm considering this head :

Looks like a recast to me - the paint app isn't up to scratch, though it could just be a bad pic. Where are you picking this up from, do you know it's legit? The DiD paint is more detailed and the flocking is better.

I finally found a custom miller on eBay. not sure where the headsculpt comes from. the did version is way too expansive for my taste. I will post pictures when I receive it.

I will need to make him more screen accurate first (weathering, new helmet, etc)

Last edited:
What do you mean by "flocking"?

Flocking is "peach fuzz" hair, like old GI JOE beards. You can create it using adhesive, an electrostatic charge and small filaments of nylon.

If you call around your model railroad hobby shops they often times sell the tools for ~100 dollars. Railroad guys like to use it to make grass on their landscapes.

You can also build the tools yourself, there are instructions online if you google around.

Anybody knows what's the best helmet for DID Captain Miller? The did one is too large

Back