Dragon*Con 2007

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics of my Cosplay geekiness:

Marvel Zombies:
1317017263_cf35d6fc55.jpg

Old West Marshal:
1317021869_d8bd94aa3d.jpg

1317022951_f2399d7081.jpg

Pirate (meh... wasn't feeling it this year):
1317037473_0c7b45958a.jpg

INDY!
1317919266_da7c2e8738.jpg

1317035823_5cad1e7df5.jpg

1317923186_4cc7c185d9.jpg

My friends Kristen and Dea (who both won the WORLD OF WARCRAFT costume contest!):
1317904920_f7493eed66.jpg

Barrie and his homemade Dalek:
1317036853_c490182460.jpg

View from my hotel suite:
1317038791_37e6c1ac6f.jpg

A few more pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/8551955@N07/sets/72157601851882319/

WTF!?!?! How many costumes do you have?!?! :lol What's up with the droid building panel? Who organized it? Why were you there? What was talked about, LEGO, operation droids, props?

WTF!?!?! How many costumes do you have?!?! :lol

About 9... but I only brought 4 this year. :lol

What's up with the droid building panel? Who organized it? Why were you there?

I organized and moderated it. I'm a member of the R2 Builders Group (some of the in-progress astromechs on display were mine) and I've also been doing panels on the STAR WARS track at Dragon*Con for years, so it was a natural fit. I asked Heath to join so there could be some discussion on Sideshow's upcoming licensed R2 for those who can't build their own.

What was talked about, LEGO, operation droids, props?

All of the above, except for LEGOs. :lol It was a cool panel. Just ask Dusty. :D

Sounds great! I'm really sad I missed this! :monkey2 But I didn't have a costume anyway.

PS. The Indy costume is my favorite.

DCon rocked! It was my first time attending and as fun goes it does trump Comic-con. There are parties every night and you don't get into bed before 5am (at least I didn't). The only drawback are that the bars all close way too early (but that's a Georgia thing). A whole bunch of us went over to the Hilton on Sunday for Karoake and drinks and the freaking place closed at midnight (not cool). Of course we were all able to find something else to do until 5am. Next time, I'll load up with my own alcohol.

I still like Comic-con of course but it's really a whole different machine. There you go for the movie/tv panels, collectibles, etc...but everything is pretty much dead by 2am. Dragon Con is a big party convention (as I see it). It has some great panels, some guests but in the end the thing that will draw me back more than anything will be the fans and the fun (oh and the fact that it's not overflowing with people).

Great pics, Irish! Yep, you did miss out Fritz, but there is always next year!

Next time, I'll load up with my own alcohol.

That is one thing you must plan ahead when it comes to Dragon*Con. Since Georgia has these ridiculous laws, you need to bring your own drinky to keep the parties going. I smuggled about four bottles in the suite I was in and kept a flask with me while I was lurking around taking pics.

Some more:

linema9.jpg

One thing about D*C: Registering and standing in line to pick up your badge is going to take a good amount of your day, so take the time for it.

sg3oz1.jpg

One of the Stargate SG-1 panels I attended, which featured Michael Shanks(Dr. Daniel Jackson) and a few other celebrities from the show.

wrestlingpp1.jpg

One of the many fun things to do at Dragon*Con is attending the wrestling event on Friday night. I can't get enough of the shenanigans these clowns do.

zahnhb2.jpg

Timothy Zahn signed my Heir to the Empire trilogy.

jamie1mg9.jpg

And a shot of Jamie Bamber(Apollo from BSG) signing.

spartans2sw9.jpg

And who can't forget 300?!!

Watch today's newsletter for my full report and some more pics of costumes and such. I didn't even know about the wrestling event, that looks totally fun! TOO MANY COOL THINGS, not enough time! :monkey2

Can't wait to read up on it, Dusty! :chew :chew

Next time you come down, you must go to the wrestling event! It is SO MUCH FUN!

I still like Comic-con of course but it's really a whole different machine.

Yep. Comic-Con is a huge Trade Show now, while Dragon*Con is still an old-school fan convention.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SDCC. But if you want a con to mingle and party at and see some of the most amazing costumes you'll ever see then Dragon*Con has no equal.

It's just too bad the con organizers are a bunch of retards. It could easily be Comic-Con East (plus the additional Mardi Gras element) were it not for that.

Yep. Comic-Con is a huge Trade Show now, while Dragon*Con is still an old-school fan convention.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SDCC. But if you want a con to mingle and party at and see some of the most amazing costumes you'll ever see then Dragon*Con has no equal.

It's just too bad the con organizers are a bunch of retards. It could easily be Comic-Con East (plus the additional Mardi Gras element) were it not for that.

Here! Here! IrishJedi is right about that! If the retards on the top of the ladder would hear us out, Dragon*Con could easily be the Comic-Con of the East without any effort.

Some great costumes - thanks for the pics! That Superman beats anything seen at SDCC and 300 lbs was hilarious.

And I guess Marvel Zombies are popular? Who knew?

Also wanted to say: great review of D*C featured on last night's newsletter. It pretty much sums up the con in a nutshell. The gallery rocked as well.

Back