Drag me to Hell is scary and funny.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome. I think you understood what I meant right ?.
I don't mean is the movie doing well enough to get a sequel , I mean does it end in a certain way that another could carry on ?.

Without ruining anything... :lol

Thanks !.

I don't mean is the movie doing well enough to get a sequel , I mean does it end in a certain way that another could carry on ?.

Thanks !.

my answer is yessssssss.......:devil

Saw it tonight and LOVED it! Hands down the best horror movie I've seen in the last 2-ish years (and I've seen a lot of horror films in those 2 years).

Thanks !.

No way should a sequel happen. The movie is wrapped up in a tight little bow.

Best horror flick in AGES. Sam is the king of horror.

Hail to the king baby!

sam-raimi-spider-man-3-rome-premiere-red-carpet-1F1Gve.jpg

Maybe Sam is the king of Splatstick (in other words, Three Stooges w/ gore)...but straight horror?

No.

George Romero is the king of modern horror. Undisputed.

That much is widely recognized. As a matter of fact, I've never heard that phrase before - Sam Raimi, King of Horror.

While the first Evil Dead was incredible/a fave of mine, the Evil Dead trilogy cannot be compared with George's Dead trilogy in terms of straight horror. George's films have many different facets with an often brooding, serious tone, whereas Raimi's are more straight ahead romps with gags and giggles. Yes there are funny moments in George's trilogy, but they aren't so obvious and blatantly inserted - like Raimi's. I always get the feeling when watching any Evil Dead film that it's just a matter of time before we get the Three Stooges bit. I get it Sam. You love the Three Stooges. It always bothered me that he relied so heavily on another source for inspiration. I can always feel that undercurrent in his horror films. "Fake Shemps." That pretty much sums it up.

George's naturally talented, creeping, storytelling mind is brilliant and very unique.

Sam's is more "athletic" and "film school" to me. Which is just fine. I often watch the the first two Evil Dead films when I crave that specific style.

Love them both.

They are both kings.

George is the King Of (modern) Horror

Sam is the King Of Humor Horror.

Last edited:
Not a Romaro fan. Land of the Dead, and Diary sucked to high heaven. And I just couldnt get into Dawn...but someone said I got the worst cut of the film.

Not a Romaro fan. Land of the Dead, and Diary sucked to high heaven. And I just couldnt get into Dawn...but someone said I got the worst cut of the film.

I totally agree with you 100% about Land and Diary. Those were very boring, lifeless films.

I don't even acknowledge Land Of The Dead much less Diary.

I am referring to the greatness of Night, Dawn and Day.

Can you recall what cut of Dawn it was that you watched? It's quite possible you saw Argento's cut - designed for the Italian/European audience/sensibilities. It has a much different feel than the U.S. theatrical cut or Extended version. In Argento's version almost all of the irony and Romero-isms/intentions are gone. In many ways it's a completely different film. That is by no means to say it isn't good to watch, just a much different vibe. George has said he doesn't like the Argento cut at all and that it misses the point entirely.

I would imagine Dario purposely did this to strip the total "70's Americana" vibe from the film to of course make it more easily digestible to his market. Who knows for sure.

If you get the chance and have some spare time, give the U.S. theatrical cut a go round. It is near impossible for those characters to not grow on you. Aside from quenching your horror thirst, if you ever get nostalgic or in a retro mood, that movie captures it perfectly.

Yes, it was the unedited cut or something....I dont know, it was waaaaay to long.

I watched Day, and I loved it. I think I liked Night as well....I recall watching it...but I dont remember it.

just saw this tonight, what a blast!

Couple of beautiful nods to the Evil Dead series in there.

Audience had a few screaming girls which added to the fun factor!
:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew:chew

D

I love the 3 original Romero zombie movies, but I personally love Land as well. I thought it was a nice evolution of the franchise. But Diary? Possibly the most disappointed I've ever been with a movie.

Regarding Drag Me to Hell, I saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it quite a bit. I also really dug the references to the Evil Dead series. The dude dancing like a nut on the table was the best. I was really hoping to hear "swallow your soul, swallow your soul!"

Just saw this movie last weekend in the theatre with my girlfriend because she love the horror movie :eek:

This film has a lot of scary scenes and also funny scenes.

Seems like go to the pst and watch the horror movie of 20 years ago.

A lot of scent of "Evil Dead".

I love it. :joy

Back