Dracula Year Zero

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
I just saw this. It looks like it began filming at the beginning of the month. May be a return to form (meaning a new decent vampire film). I'm pretty excited about this one. There really hasn't been a good vampire movie since Interview with the Vampire. Maybe 30 days of Night. But thats it.

30 Days of Night > Let the Right One In

And as much as I loved Interview with a Vampire (both the Chronicles books and the film), unfortunately, I think that series opened the door for the glittery emo Vampires. :monkey1

Careful there, The Hunger is awesome!
And those are quite definitely not emo vampires... they're just very sophisticated.

I agree though that Interview started a trend of whiny moping vampires. I really liked the first book, never read the second, and the others just became progressively worse. I think the last I read was The Tale of the Body Thief... I stopped reading Lestat's adventures after that.
There was another one that was kinda good, Vittorio the Vampire I think, that wasn't so bad.

I hate to say it, because I love the film. But if you really think about it. The Lost Boys started the whole Emo thing.

Granted I still love that movie and have watched it more times than I could count.

Careful there, The Hunger is awesome!
And those are quite definitely not emo vampires... they're just very sophisticated.

I agree though that Interview started a trend of whiny moping vampires. I really liked the first book, never read the second, and the others just became progressively worse. I think the last I read was The Tale of the Body Thief... I stopped reading Lestat's adventures after that.
There was another one that was kinda good, Vittorio the Vampire I think, that wasn't so bad.

I disagree. I think Rice's Vampires had character and simply displayed emotion. That doesn't make them whiny or anything. If anything it made them more powerful.

I also enjoyed Kindred the Embraced. A very short lived TV show on Fox. I hated Forever Knight though.

There was some of that in Near Dark, too. Though I actually really like Near Dark and the bad-assness of the Aliens crew far outweighs any of the emo, conflicted vampire junk.

I disagree. I think Rice's Vampires had character and simply displayed emotion. That doesn't make them whiny or anything. If anything it made them more powerful.
I'm sure Twilight fans would say the same for those stories :lol "Sparkly vampire was powerful BECAUSE of his love for whatsherface!"

I'm sure Twilight fans would say the same for those stories :lol "Sparkly vampire was powerful BECAUSE of his love for whatsherface!"

I guess. :dunno

Twilight is a whole different beast. I actually liked the first two "books". The movies were horrible and the rest of the stories were just plain dreadful. Ultimately they don't hold a candle to Rice's work. Although I'm sure millions of screaming girls disagree.

Back