Dracula Ebay item slipped away...DEVESTATED!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky

Freakzoid
Reaction score
So last night I was browsing Ebay to see what is out there, I have had a slight bug up my *** to continue collecting the Universal Monsters silver screen premium format figures, so I came across a Dracula Silver Screen Bust for only $1,699.00 !!! I was not sure I had the money for this so before I clicked the BuyItNow I transfered the money to my paypal account first and by that time someone else already bought it!! I had been searching for months for this one as there were only 35 made and to let it slip away I am completely DEVESTATED! the last SSE Dracula Bust I saw on there was going for over 6000.00!!! I am doomed now to never have one of these, I honestly tossed and turned all night, I keep trying to tel myself "it was only a dracula bust", but SCREW THAT, I wanted it soooo BAD ...ayway just wanted to vent, OH and to introduce myself, this is my first post..HI ! LOL

Mark

It wasn't sold on eBay. There was already an outstanding sell arrangement to me on this.

Don't worry these do come up from time to time. Gutted is having a Mummy SSE PF being shipped to you and arriving with broken legs. That's gutted! I still churn over that one.

Same thing happened to me with w Frankenstein PF. I was all set to buy it and someone else got it minutes before I could. On the bright side, I ended up getting another for less.

Wow thanks you guys for the warm welcome!
so Rouge it was you that did the "buy it now" and left me devestated? lol .. but I did see it sold on ebay with the buy it now feature, oh well its gone now either way :-(

Thing is to find another at that price that I could afford and knowing that there are only 35 out there makes it highly unlikely that I will find another one, I hate that Sideshow only made 35, what about the rest of us die hard fans?! Ughhhhh same as with the Patient Zero Exclusive, but at least I managed to snag an original version.

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

Wow thanks you guys for the warm welcome!
so Rouge it was you that did the "buy it now" and left me devestated? lol .. but I did see it sold on ebay with the buy it now feature, oh well its gone now either way :-(

Thing is to find another at that price that I could afford and knowing that there are only 35 out there makes it highly unlikely that I will find another one, I hate that Sideshow only made 35, what about the rest of us die hard fans?! Ughhhhh same as with the Patient Zero Exclusive, but at least I managed to snag an original version.

Thanks again for the welcome guys!

It happens to all of us. (I'm not much of a Universal Monsters collector, but saw your thread and wanted to comment.)

My story is where I see a piece that I feel is a tremendous deal (as in a "once in a blue moon" deal), but I decide to pass anyway! :duh Either the seller's feedback rating is low or something just doesn't feel right. More times than not, I'll find that the deal went through without a hitch, and I end up "kicking" myself because I didn't click the BIN first. I normally always find the deal before the other potential buyer, but my skepticism always gets the best of me and I lose anyway! :lol

THe SSE Dracula Bust comes up from time to time, even with only 35.

The 6000 USD price is ridiculous.
I think the seller is a board member too.

I sold mine last year for about 1000 EUR ...

The one you tried to buy probably was that one ...
British seller ?

geez. where the hell were y'all when Drac first came out?! i couldn't sell it for retail. money got tight right after i got it from SS so i offered it here at the board. nothing. listed on ebay. nadda. ended up sending it back to SS. Godfather around here had one too, and wasn't getting takers.

now i'm depressed.

Nope. He took it down. We had already been in talks on purchasing this or the Colour version. We had an agreement and he had forgotten so listed it. He's a very stand-up member here and a great guy to deal with. I saw the listing the moment it went up on eBay and had to resolve the issue before someone did BIN.

To be honest I was worried if SSE was the right way to go. Although I have 7 SSE figures already its a tough road. I started when Frank 1:1 was first released, but I then went through a period between jobs and couldn't add to the line. I recently managed to get the SSE Mummy only to have it arrived broken and needing to be sent back for insurance.

I'd be happy with the SSE Mummy and SSE Ardeth at this stage. But I doubt I will be able to complete this.

Well I just scored a SSE Vampyre so I am pretty happy with that, to be honest, I am not really big on the busts but this Dracula one is soooooo cool I just had to have it! Well glad you scored it, Im sure you will love it as much as I would have **enter sad song** Hopefully in time one will become available for under 345,984,734.00 dollars LOL

Thanks Bonven,

I appreciate that info and of coarse that would be listed now after I bought the SSE Vampyre Premium Format AND and Dracula SSE Premuim format thinking I would NEVER score one of these...so I am now BROKE and cannot afford it :-( ....I am crying so hard now that the tears will soon drown my sorrow!
BTW...tomorrow is my Birthday (FOR REAL) anyone feeling generous????! LOL joke.....

Mark

Mark

damn, them's the breaks...

but the Nosferatu is quite cool, i've been debating mysself if i should get it

Back