Dr. Zaius PF review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/qgzEfV3QbCU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/qgzEfV3QbCU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I guess I'm thinking the exact opposite of everyone else.

I think this piece looks great! The pose is very POTA-like and the doll looks accurate from a foot or 2 away. Yeah the eyes suck but don't all SSC eyes suck?

I don't mind the pose and I'm not to upset about the jacket, I think that's just a little nitpick but the doll should be perfect, at least a little like the one in the movie imo.

Do you think this is a new trend with SS? I opening up that kind of styrofoam because a) it gets all those pieces all over the place, and b) it makes one trip and you have to tape the case up where it begins to break.

Over bits of foam? :confused:

Over bits of foam? :confused:

Ok, maybe I am sounding a bit anal, and if that is what it is, than it is.

The styrofoam casing they are using has already been broken between the arm and chest, and there is a circular chunk which holds the base beginning to break through.

Really, theses cases should be designed to be reusable. They break down after one trip.

Yup, this does bug me. The styrofoam case should be of better quality to house the statue when it is not on display.

I agree with that... the packaging should be easily and safely reusable. The really cheap foam can make moving statues a bit dangerous.

Michael, thank you for the review. The face sculpt of this Zaius is spectacular. It will truly shine with a repaint. I canceled my order at the last possible moment but I am still undecided if I should regret this decision. Perhaps in time I will.

The statue has its good and bad points. As a customizer, the PF Zaius would definitely need my attention before I could call it perfect.

Oh...one last item. The Planet of the Apes line is not dead. Not to me. As long as I live.

Long live the Planet of the Apes!!!

Last edited:
Back