Dr Who , Jon Pertwee a.k.a. "Venutian Karate Master" done :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe, for now Ill be happy to get these done and some other Who characters like Delgado as the master :)

I will, I will !
All Doctors from Hartnell through the Sylvester end of the classic series will be made available :)

That's it! don't waste time making anything related to the current excuse of a series, stick to the real Doctor Who.

When may we begin sending cash for the Pertwee, & not to be a pushy pest, but will the amazing sculpt of Tom Baker be following soon? I'd love to pay for one as well

Awesome, got my full Baker outfit (HUGE thanks to Inked Dalek for the scarf) & just watching Inferno as I type this, I really got to get that Pertwee & that Baker, beautiful work Barlow.

BTW, I understand about jumping around on projects. Helps avoid subject burnout

Hey Russ,
Question:
Once you finish a sculpt, I don't expect you to look back since you have so many other sculpts you are trying to finish, and trust me, I'm happy to get whatever version of a character you make because it's like gold.

However, in older conversations, Chris Howes would often say once he had a likeness down, making a variant by changing the expression wasn't that big of a hassel to do. I don't know if this is actually true or not, but if it is, would you ever consider making a grimmer or frowning Pertwee at some point by modifying his expression? I ask only because of this sad, sad example:

MARTHA-THE-MOOD-SLAYER.gif

Martha-predator.gif

martha-predators-2.gif

As you can see here, Martha should be threatened but is completely ruining her scenes (laugh).
I'm good with a smiling Jon, but of all the Docs, he can actually kick-butt in the Venusian arts, and it would be nice to perhaps have a Jon with a look of self-rightious indignation as he clobbers some Ogron hienie, looking serious. Just a thought/hope? :angelsmil:angelsmil:angelsmil

I'm VERY interested in a Pertwee sculpt. I'm going to be watching this thread with interest.
Pertwee was my favorite doctor.

I think my order goes Tenneth, Tom Baker, Pertwee. But really I've been watching a lot of Pertwee lately so he's probably tied with baker and when I see all of both their runs then I'll decide. Reall though I'd like head's of both and any doctors head I could get. With Colin Baker's being last. I still want one, but the costume will be a pain and he wasn't one of my favorites.

Tom Baker & Pertwee for a tie, Peter Cushing 2nd, mind you if Barlow's gonna do a few, I'd be interested in anything he makes

I really like how refined Barlows work is. Very smooth. Should be fun to paint. My Tom Baker is fully clothed & my Pertwee stuff is on the way. I may even knock together a Tardis interior. I mean hey, my Punisher has taken 1 entire section of a display, I need balance right.

I really like how refined Barlows work is. Very smooth. Should be fun to paint. My Tom Baker is fully clothed & my Pertwee stuff is on the way. I may even knock together a Tardis interior. I mean hey, my Punisher has taken 1 entire section of a display, I need balance right.

Yeah, Russ' heads are VERY smooth. I've always been impressed by how smooth he is able to make them, too.

You should definitely make some sort of diorama for them. Props if you can actually pull off a Tardis interior dio. Other people have done it but that's waaaaaay too complicated for me. I had two different ideas for Pertwee dio's I wanted to do for mine, and might try, but I'm so slow at customizing/building things I think I should be pronounced legally dead. :)

This is my current Display

TARDIS dios are easy to build its the console thats really difficult to put together

DSCF0527Correction.jpg

DSCF1240.jpg

DSCF1236.jpg

Russ`s sculpts are among the best i have ever seen, very cleap and crisp...his Mr Barlow is so lifelike its amazing!!

Back