Dr Who , Jon Pertwee a.k.a. "Venutian Karate Master" done :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice repaint. :rock

I love your TARDIS. Did you start a thread somewhere on how you did it? Where did you get your interior shot from?

Nice repaint. :rock

I love your TARDIS. Did you start a thread somewhere on how you did it? Where did you get your interior shot from?

I bought it on Ebay. It lights up and has sounds. Even has the little pull out phone on the door. I couldn't believe no one bid against me I got it for asking price. It's solid wood and glass.

The interior I did do. I found several tardis Interior pics online and played around in photoshop till I got the background to fit on a 81/2 by 14 sheet of paper. Then I attached it to a cardboard sheet. Then cut it to fit in the tardis,

Last edited:
Wow , these are looking great !!!
I feel like a lazy *ss , I cant sit down to paint till NOv 1st..lol

Love that tardis too !
Keep the picts coming , Pertwee looks great among his Time Travelin peers !!!

Russ

Don't feel bad, I work from home, so I can take infrequent breaks and work on painting or drawing when I need a break from the job.

Last edited:
Here are a couple more pictures of mine, this time using the macro function on my camera so I could actually get some in focus close-ups. Since posting the pictures on the previous page, I've touched up the face and painted the hands.

Doc-3-repaint-hand.jpg

Doc-3-mugshot.jpg

Can I ask what you guys are using to paint the sonic screwdriver? I tried Folkart metallic silver acrylic, and it just will not adhere to the resin at all. I let it dry for hours and it still just slides off like melted butter. :banghead

I knew the sonic was going to bother me until I got the spirals on, so I went ahead and finished it tonight. The spirals are not painted since I knew the chances of me accurately painting those lines was somewhere between zero and none. I used black thread and clear UHU glue which has the added benefit of giving the area a gloss finish. The silver parts of the sonic was done with a base coat of Apple Barrel gloss black and then Folkart Metallic Silver Sterling thinned with (I think) liquid soap.

sonic-spirals-in-hand.jpg

The Three sonic is much more in scale than the Character Option Ten sonic.

two-sonics.jpg

I just realized that the main reference image I used was a bigger version of TheObsoleteMan's avatar. I knew I'd seen it somewhere before!

Last edited:
Just had the Pertwee heads and sonic screwdrivers arrived on my door step here in the UK (co-incidently along with another parcel containing the 'Frontier In Space/Planet of the Daleks' dvds!). Top-notch sculpting and casting :)

Many thanks for Mr Barlow for his sterling work :clap

The spirals are not painted since I knew the chances of me accurately painting those lines was somewhere between zero and none. I used black thread and clear UHU glue which has the added benefit of giving the area a gloss finish. The silver parts of the sonic was done with a base coat of Apple Barrel gloss black and then Folkart Metallic Silver Sterling thinned with (I think) liquid soap.
Cool creative idea for adding the black spirals!

Back