Dr. Tongue DAY OF THE DEAD Amok Time 7"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Le Fantome

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Dr. Tongue Amok Time 7" figure is shipping now. Received mine the other day. Here are some pics. In the first headshot, I was going for the backlit effect from Dr. Tongue's appearance in Day (opening Title sequence).
ztong1ii.jpg

ztong1cc.jpg

ztong1ff.jpg

ztong1hh.jpg

zdrt01ff.jpg

zdrt01dd.jpg

ztong1zz.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Dr. Tongue DAY OF THE DEAD

what dr tongue are you talking about?

Last edited:

yeah please post pics, I was wondering about this guy. I want to see some up close shots. Awesome indeed, wasnt bub part of this as well...or am I thinking of another line.

The Amok time figure?

I think only the 7 inch, NECA-like figure was announced, which is now available from BBTS. So, I assume this is the one that has been released. I don't really collect in this scale, personally, or I would have picked up Bub for sure. I will get the 12 inch Bub, however.

There was initially a mis-print on Sideshow's site saying that Dr. Tongue would be 12 inches tall, but I believe it was referring to this smaller figure.

Sorry about that, guys! I figured most in the horror section already knew about/was anticipating the only Dr. Tongue item currently up for release.

By the way, how do I change the title of this thread to include Amok Time 7" ?

Sorry about that, guys! I figured most in the horror section already knew about/was anticipating the only Dr. Tongue item currently up for release.

By the way, how do I change the title of this thread to include Amok Time 7" ?

I think you have to ask a mod to change it for you.

Looks good for what it is. Nice pics, Fantome. Fantastic, under-rated film.

Thanks, Karamazov!

I totally agree. DayOTD is fantastic and still under-rated. Thankfully, there has been a definite shift over the last several years with more and more people beginning to appreciate it. George himself says he likes Day the most.

It would've been great if Amok Time would've been able to pull off the original "real" hair on the figure. Those early proto shots were great. I look forward to doing a custom.

Pretty close to me as well, as in driving distance at least, haha, but yeah great store, been going there for years, who would of known that they would of starting making their own toys?

I've been going since I was a kid. I remember when they were located a few miles down the road and yeah it's awesome that they started making their own figures.

Back