Dr. Doom Chalice Worth $150.00 ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the mousedroids in the pic with stormtroopers the top of them come halfway to the troopers' knees. That seems to be about the same scale as the one with Vader.

I do order regular (non-exclusive) items directly from Sideshow. I'm about three hours away from them, so the shipping isn't as much as it would be if I ordered from a dealer who would have to mail it across the country. Plus, I have it in hand a lot sooner. What dealer would have been able to ship me my PF Vader overnight for only eleven dollars? Also, I love their cancellation policy in case I decide not to go through with the order, and the ability to return items with no questions asked.

I would think that most dealers would be a little inconvenienced if I wrote them an e-mail saying, "I have had this item open and displayed for about three weeks now, and I don't want it any more. I want to send it back for a refund, knowing full well that you can't resell it on your site because it's open and used." Sideshow doesn't just replace your broken items, they offer you a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and that's worth a lot to me. They do enough business with me that I wouldn't feel bad if I ever chose to take advantage of that policy.

That being said, there are some excellent dealers out there who will take very good care of you and give you a great deal. When it comes to stuff from Code 3, Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, and the rest, I turn to Razor's Edge, Fireside, Alter Ego, etc. and am never disappointed. For example, I recently cancelled my direct order for a Code 3 TIE Fighter and placed an order instead from one of our dealers, and I'm glad I did.

tomandshell said:
I do order regular (non-exclusive) items directly from Sideshow. I'm about three hours away from them, so the shipping isn't as much as it would be if I ordered from a dealer who would have to mail it across the country. Plus, I have it in hand a lot sooner. What dealer would have been able to ship me my PF Vader overnight for only eleven dollars? Also, I love their cancellation policy in case I decide not to go through with the order, and the ability to return items with no questions asked.

I would think that most dealers would be a little inconvenienced if I wrote them an e-mail saying, "I have had this item open and displayed for about three weeks now, and I don't want it any more. I want to send it back for a refund, knowing full well that you can't resell it on your site because it's open and used." Sideshow doesn't just replace your broken items, they offer you a 100% satisfaction guarantee, and that's worth a lot to me. They do enough business with me that I wouldn't feel bad if I ever chose to take advantage of that policy.

If you buy an item off of a dealer or Ebay and you dont like it you just resell it yourself. It's a very simple process. While I can appreciate SS's customer service I dont think it is worth paying a $75-$300 dollar priemium for just not having to resell something yourself if you dont like it.

Jesse

tomandshell said:

That being said, there are some excellent dealers out there who will take very good care of you and give you a great deal. When it comes to stuff from Code 3, Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, and the rest, I turn to Razor's Edge, Fireside, Alter Ego, etc. and am never disappointed. For example, I recently cancelled my direct order for a Code 3 TIE Fighter and placed an order instead from one of our dealers, and I'm glad I did.

Ditto...being close to SS HQ....I agree, I dont mind paying the extra dinero for feelings of security:D and speedy shipping...:D

Jesseawilson said:
If you buy an item off of a dealer or Ebay and you dont like it you just resell it yourself. It's a very simple process.

Jesse

Going to the post office is a painful experience for me...selling on ebay and dealing with a difficult customer is also painful..(for me):rolleyes:

Jesseawilson said:
I am not talking about the secondary market either. You can get the regular editions from dealers for sagnificantly less then the Esclusive from SS. If your buying the regular editions form SS then your throwing your money away ........... I don't pay MSRP for something that I can get for 15-35% less somewhere else.

Jesse

Ok, I totally agree then. This made much more sense to me now. PERFECT SENSE in fact. Thank you for clarifying and for bearing with me.

Jesseawilson said:
If you buy an item off of a dealer or Ebay and you dont like it you just resell it yourself. It's a very simple process. While I can appreciate SS's customer service I dont think it is worth paying a $75-$300 dollar priemium for just not having to resell something yourself if you dont like it.

Jesse
It is if you live overseas!
You get a full refund, including the shipping cost - which is a lot more than $11 to Australia, let me tell ya. :google

Back