Don't Forget the Tip!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your IRS's view of these tipping practises? Will they add 15% to a waiters income as a matter of course, because it's an obligatory voluntary custom?

In these economic time, can a patron be expected to procure a tip? Where and when did this tipping start? I mean as in, is it a tradition that is long overdue to be relegated to the nolstalgia heap as something they did in the old days, and is no longer relevant to the times? Is waiting such a fly by night job that employers wont risk paying a decent wage. Maybe if they did they'd get more applications and pick a better staff and advertise NO TIPPING REQUIRED to bring in the customers. I think, as the gap of affluence widens, the IRS ought to enforce minimum wages so they get their appropriate share. Do away with the practice of tipping, as far as it being expected.

I find hidden fees, and even open charges such as corkage and the like, are deceptive yet legal thievery, whether it be government or business. The world sucks. Money is the root of evil and corruption is the trunk. It's a rat race and at $50 an hour where do I apply?

Oh, I sort of went overboard. Ah, yeah. Nurse. NURSE!!!

nurse_sexy.gif

I'm glad there's no need to tip where I live, what a ripoff, tell me the price I need to pay upfront & pay your staff right

Back