Statue Don't be Afraid of the Dark Production Peek

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this statue and so glad I bought it. :yess:

Either you liked the film or not this is a really cool 1:1 statue to own. :rock :rock :rock

Artists:
• Nathan Mansfield (Sculpt)
• Mike Najera (Paint)
• Walter O'Neal (Design)
• Justin McMillan (Design)
• The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

I love the artwork on the box. :love

23012013051_zps4cdbabc4.jpg

23012013058_zps39083de6.jpg

24012013091_zpsf2d3fff2.jpg

24012013069_zpsf41100ac.jpg

24012013080_zps18f57df1.jpg

Great pics, looks cool. I just don't have any idea what these are. Never saw the movie.

Very very nice,very limited and different piece...I like it

thanks figurefreaks for the photos, the paint and quality looks top notch!! i am going to get one too, make a nice companion piece for my horror shelf with the vampirella, lady death, and darkchylde.

thanks figurefreaks for the photos, the paint and quality looks top notch!!
i am going to get one too, make a nice companion piece for my horror shelf with the vampirella, lady death, and darkchylde.

That's nice gagaliya ...you won't regret getting it. :yess:

Even it is 1:1 scale it don't take too much space. :)

Just a notice when to put this statue together. First I thought it wouldn't fit the base at all,
but you just have to start with the peg in the foot,
and then just stretch the arms gently until it fits the holes in the Alphabet Blocks ...just be gently. :wink1:

Thanks figurefreaks :)

Finally received this, i know the movie isnt everyone's favorite, but the statue is absolute gorgeous, perfect paint, perfect sculpt, all the details including the base and wooden blocks done 100%. I literally could not find a single paint flaw or something not fit properly. Why cant sideshow have this kind of quality on their marvel statues sigh.

Anyway with the light shining on it, the critter's eyes give off the effect it's glowing, i think they used a bit of glow in the dark paint.

All in all, this statue is perfection. Given the very limited 200 es, $200 retail, and 1:1 scale yet small enough to fit in any 1/4 collection, i think it's a must buy(yes that's right) for any horror fans.

the paint is so good!!

horror3.jpg

horror2.jpg

horror1.jpg

btw figurefreaks is your styrofoam packaging for this also bad? mine doesnt have the usual sideshow logo on it and it's the cheap kind not the usual sideshow styrofoam, this makes me think they probably outsourced this to a different vendor than their usual factories due to the small edition size and one-off license, also would explain why it came out with such high quality.

Wow!
Turned out great!!
I absolutely loved the movie actually... and I've been thinking about getting this piece... but with so many stuff coming, I might have to wait and hope it doesn't sell out! :pray:

btw figurefreaks is your styrofoam packaging for this also bad? mine doesnt have the usual sideshow logo on it and it's the cheap kind not the usual sideshow styrofoam, this makes me think they probably outsourced this to a different vendor than their usual factories due to the small edition size and one-off license, also would explain why it came out with such high quality.

Yea, you could be right gagaliya. :lecture

...very cheap styrofoam indeed, happily they packed it safely inside a shipping box. :wink1:

Very nice pictures ...and some other really nice collectibles as well. :yess:

The creatures design was made by: Spectral Motion

More pictures on they're site: https://www.spectralmotion.com/

flm1009_1006.png

Kuzeh - ES 200!! ...go get it. :wink1:

:wave

ah so it's by the same guys who did the original prop for the movie, cool.

Not sure if it's the same guys :dunno ...but they did the original design for the film. :wink1:

Artists for the statue:

Nathan Mansfield (Sculpt)
Mike Najera (Paint)
Walter O'Neal (Design)
Justin McMillan (Design)
The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles

:hi5:

Can you tell me the size of this piece please?

Nick

License:
Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
Product Type:
Polystone Diorama
Product Size:
9" H (228.6mm) x 9" W (228.6mm) x 9" L (228.6mm)*
Product Weight:
4.00 lbs (1.81 kg)*
Box Size:
11.00" H (279.4mm) x 11.00" W (279.4mm) x 11.00" L (279.4mm)*
Est. Shipping Weight: