Dog Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deigs

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all. Very new here, and new to collecting. I have been chasing this dog alien figure for ages and ages. I was surfing the sideshow site and they have a waitlist for it.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_i...g-7198&utm_campaign=listing&utm_source=online

Does this mean they will be doing another run? Because I was under the impression they sold out long ago.

Sorry for the noob question, but yeah, like I said, very new to all this. :)

Hey Deigs,

SS Waitlists are imposible to predict, I've jumped on a few and recieved the piece in weeks, others never seem to convert. It just depends if the item can be found in the warehouse.

Have a look at the Commerce section of the board & see if any board members have the item up for sale. Other wise try the waitlist and see how it goes.

For an item that was originally shipped a while ago the WL should convert pretty quick if they have it in stock, but I'm not sure what the current price is for the Dog Alien, might be lower than retail.

Good luck!:D

G'day Deigs.

The Dog Alien is a Hot Toys item, for which Sideshow has a distributing role, so they wont be doing a second run, nor is Hot Toys likely to. Now that I see the Hot Toys one is up for 'Second Chance', so I'm guessing you're talking about the Sideshow marquette. They wont be doing a second run on that one either.

The waitlist is for items that have sold out, where there is a possibility that some returns might occur. They build a list, and should any items remain unsold, orders cancelled etc, Sideshow will contact those on the applicable waitlist to see if they are still interested in purchasing one. Of course the sooner you get on the waitlist, when Sideshow open it for submissions, the more likely you'll be to obtain the item. It's no guarantee that you'll get one, so be aware of that.

Have you contacted Ikon Collectables? They're Sideshow distributor in Australia. They mightn't have received their shipment yet, or they might be able to tell you to what stores they've distributed them, and you might get lucky.

Last edited:
30 more bucks you can get the alien 1 big chap paint job looks better and comes with a cool base :naughty

The Alien 3 Maquette has been on waitlist now for well over a year...it is not very likely you will get one from sideshow (but never say never!) If you are hoping to get one from an overseas seller you will be in for some pain...I haven't seen one for retail sale or auction in Australia for a while. Large statues like this one are actually cheaper to get direct from sideshow because they must get corporate rates on shipping via fedex. You will likely have to pay over $600 just in shipping to get that statue here...from sideshow it will be half that. For what it is worth though this statue is a masterpiece and worth every penny!
Good luck with getting one!

The Alien 3 Maquette has been on waitlist now for well over a year...it is not very likely you will get one from sideshow (but never say never!) If you are hoping to get one from an overseas seller you will be in for some pain...I haven't seen one for retail sale or auction in Australia for a while. Large statues like this one are actually cheaper to get direct from sideshow because they must get corporate rates on shipping via fedex. You will likely have to pay over $600 just in shipping to get that statue here...from sideshow it will be half that. For what it is worth though this statue is a masterpiece and worth every penny!
Good luck with getting one!<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

I agree, from sideshow all the way...

Thanks for the replies and the advice guys. I'll jump on the waitlist and hope for the best. In the meantime I'll continue to hunt around. This Dog Alien Marquette is a must have piece for me.

7198press01001.jpg

OK, so I won a Dog alien from Spooktacular. Any tips on how to get his right leg on? I'm having the hardest time. I've tried hair dryering the leg to warm up that joint and it isn't working. The harder I push the more the joint in the leg wants to go further down into the leg. I'm afraid if I keep this up I'll break it. Any advice would be great.

Common problem Butts. Use whatever you can. Some dishwashing liquid, hairdryer and force. This has worked for most. See if the angle makes any difference.

Other than that you'll have to sand some of the ball off. Galactiboy did, and said the joint was still tight as, once he'd put it together.

Just be careful of rubbing off the paint whilst trying to hold the leg tight and pushing.

Thanks Creech. I'll try adding the soap and see if that improves anything.

And yes, I am being careful. I've heard horror stories of some of the older Aliens breaking so I'm quite paranoid since this is my first HT Alien. Hopefully the Big Chap will come fully assembled.

Hmmm... I still can't get it to work. Is there a certain position of the leg and body/peg people have had more luck with? Where were you grabbing the leg and body at? How long did you heat?

That sounds like I'm asking about something else :lol

:lol That is what I thought you'd think.

Thanks for the link. I'll read through it and see if I get any better idea what to do.

Yeah, well if you have any tips on where to put the peg, 'cause I'm already heated up and raring to go. Not that I'm into dogs or aliens or anything. Though, an alien might be cool.

Good luck Butt.

Thanks for the link. I'll read through it and see if I get any better idea what to do.

Buttmunch, congrats on winning that Dog Alien. It's awesome. I had to take a hobby knife to shave a bit off the socket and the leg popped right in. The socket is a little bit too small. Works perfectly.

Thanks for the tips guys. Sanding the ball and shaving the socket just enough worked! I was in shock when I finally heard that "POP!" The arm went on no problem. I figured as much. But I didn't want another obsticale in my way when trying to get the leg on.

Now he just needs to air out. Wheew! He has a strong rubbery smell. So right now he is prowling on top of the grandfather clock.

Back