Does Mezco Kong fit inside a detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8th wonder

Super Freak
Reaction score
A thread about the alien warrior maquette (if it fits inside a detolf) gave me the idea to ask this question here.

I know Mezco Kong is not some high-end collectible but it's special to me and one of my favorites.

My collectibles are stored right now so i have never owned a detolf but i'm planning to buy one and would like to know if Mezco Kong will fit in there, i'm not only talking about the height but all the dimensions; width etc.. I'm talking about a standard Ikea detolf, are there different sizes by the way?

An answer would be highly appreciated.

Actually it's one of my favorites!!
But there's 2 versions, the 15" and the 18"
I'm pretty sure the 15" will fit, but the 18" may not... but depends on the pose I guess...

Actually it's one of my favorites!!
But there's 2 versions, the 15" and the 18"
I'm pretty sure the 15" will fit, but the 18" may not... but depends on the pose I guess...

Actually, there is 3 versions but the difference is in the heads, not the size...

Initially they were going to 18" in height but when they were put into production MEZCO downsized him to 15"...

There is open mouth roaring face, angry face and subdued face.

Great figure though, i have the "pissy" face one. :p

M.

I know Mezco Kong is not some high-end collectible but it's special to me and one of my favorites.

I don't have an answer for this but wanted to add my two cents...I have all three versions of the Mezco King Kong and they still stand as my favorite figures of all time!

Toma Ray Kong!!!
img_kong.jpg

Actually, there is 3 versions but the difference is in the heads, not the size...

Initially they were going to 18" in height but when they were put into production MEZCO downsized him to 15"...

There is open mouth roaring face, angry face and subdued face.

Great figure though, i have the "pissy" face one. :p

M.

I thought it was the other way around... didn't they release the 15" first, and then supposedly were going to release an 18" one?

I thought they did? :dunno

I don't have an answer for this but wanted to add my two cents...I have all three versions of the Mezco King Kong and they still stand as my favorite figures of all time!

Toma Ray Kong!!!
img_kong.jpg

Yep, I love it!!!

Back