Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Branagh's THOR (2011) is a better movie. Doctor Strange is slightly better than Thor: TDW, which ain't saying much.

But Thor 1 isn't good at all, it surely can't be worse than that?

They didn't use magic much, in a sense of verbal spells, but more of a concentration. And of course magic also came from object such as the cape and the amulet. Would be nice if they use more wordy spells.

What is strange is how one of the master got a missing hand and yet still can perform magic but strange uses his hand to rotate time on the apple. But maybe still, it is not required as he return again and again, even after death, near the end scene.

It's not about spells but about using magic as Dragon Ball powers what disappoints me.

Waititi is a journeyman. Keep your expectations low.
They are low :lol I expect a pulpy action-driven fantasy movie, I can embrace full humor as long as there is kick-ass action, although the action would need to be good unlike anything we've seen from heavy hitters in the MCU. I don't expect anything below face value.

Plus I expect some 90's/80's vibes with that cool ass logo they made.

thor-ragnarok-191923.jpg

Saw it, its okay I guess, on par with the rest of what Marvel is doing.

6/10

I think its about on par with the first Thor.

Saw it, its okay I guess, on par with the rest of what Marvel is doing.

6/10

I think its about on par with the first Thor.
I expect this will be my score too.

The other day I queried SNIKT on his tendency to give surprisingly high ratings to films he otherwise appears to hate if you go by his words.

Difabio was doing a reverse-SNIKT.
:yess: I thought so :lol

Are you parodying me and my very strict and sophisticated filter?

Or SKNIT's generous one?

But Thor 1 isn't good at all, it surely can't be worse than that?

It's not about spells but about using magic as Dragon Ball powers what disappoints me.

Don't recall it being like Dragon Ball type of movie. There is no super saiyan power or auras. There is not much of a power projection. They cast geometric shapes within shapes to create shield and such. A wave of hand here and there. They do run a lot and use weapons.

What is strange is how one can just wave a hand and like the whole reality just move so easily. But the other magic seems to take more effort.

See it Monday and see for yourself.

Don't recall it being like Dragon Ball type of movie. There is no super saiyan power or auras. There is not much of a power projection. They cast geometric shapes within shapes to create shield and such. A wave of hand here and there. They do run a lot and use weapons.

What is strange is how one can just wave a hand and like the whole reality just move so easily. But the other magic seems to take more effort.

See it Monday and see for yourself.
So not Dragon Ball, just anime/videogames in general :lol

Will do.

It is definitely like Inceptions but only in the city environment and certain sanctuary or battle area. And this is where the 3D comes in.

I gave it 4/10 because of some of the inappropriate moments of "humor" and the Beyoncé references. 5/10*, best I can do.

*I don't rate movies, a-dev knows what is up.

Compared to what we saw in the wonder woman trailer, this movie will be Office Space + Airplane + Duck Soup + Some Like It Hot + Monty Pythons Holy Grail mashed together compared with that anemic, soulless desk.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thankfully the movie didn't go too far with the hand to hand combat and it just concentrated on using more magic for combat because the hand to hand fights in this movie was shaky cam at its worst.

Leave the mystical hand to hand combat to Iron Fist who is NOT a sorcerer.

There is something about the movie that is bugging me but I can't put my finger on it just yet, i'll know better after my 2nd viewing today.

I'm leaning towards it being that everything
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh well Benedict scenes with Tilda and Mads were spectacular, they worked really well off each other so i'll let
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
The mystic temple has the worst security ever. Seriously, they had ONE guy protecting all those magic books that can open other dimensions with omnipotent beings. And even after
Spoiler Spoiler:

The mystic temple has the worst security ever. Seriously, they had ONE guy protecting all those magic books that can open other dimensions with omnipotent beings. And even after
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure they're just librarians and not security.

I'm still not certain what made Strange better than anyone else using magic, couldn't the fat asian guy just use the damn eye himself.

Strange's photographic memory probably gave him an advantage over everyone else since he could learn and master things quickly. Also, he doesn't need the eye of agamotto to be the Sorcerer Supreme because that's just one of many artifact that he uses. I think Wong using the eye while possible, it doesn't mean he would have been able to
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back