do you think sideshow will do ki adi mundi?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its kind of dumb to raise your prices on toys when frivolous things like food and gas are rising so quickly.
Its a good economic indicator if SSC keeps selling out of new releases, things aren't as bad as they seem. It just means people don't LIKE paying $4/Gallon for gas.

Actually, I was just being a Guinness-fueled smartass. :monkey3

That said, I am pretty tired of people like Dave making it sound as if R&D and new tooling for specific accessories and outfits are an excuse for figures priced 30% more than other comparable ones. If that were the case there would be NO consistent prices for any products in any line from any company. Almost every figure should have its own unique outfit and accessories.

And look, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Sideshow jacking prices up in order to maintain (or increase) their profit margins. That's business. But let's call a spade a spade... and be cognizant of the fact that they may be starting to price even more collectors out of their lines.

And that I can totally agree with.

And look, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Sideshow jacking prices up in order to maintain (or increase) their profit margins. That's business. But let's call a spade a spade... and be cognizant of the fact that they may be starting to price even more collectors out of their lines.

100% with you on this one. because of their recent price hikes and no obvious quality improvement i've been shopping around with the other manufacturers as of late. the Star Wars 12" has kind of died as of late. they haven't really put out anything exciting in a while, nor do any of their recent releases deserve the price hike IMO. my most recent SS purchase is the Palpatine 2 pack and even though i think both figures are awesome... they could've done a little better on the sculpts. but considering that it was $120 for TWO figures i think it was totally fine. with the Jedi figures there really aren't many excuses why they need to charge more, unless they start doing the crazy Alien Jedi that i've been wanting them to do.
~~BTW i wish they would've picked this guy for the SDCC exclusive figure.

The price hike sucks. It is causing people to look around be it for other companies (though SS is still the cheapest) or for deals on ebay, Fireside, Darkshadow, Razors, etc. Its also causing people to stop or like me to really start putting the axe to things.

No excitement? That's more a matter of tastes I would say.

However no obvious quality improvement? :lol

Well, this is completely hypothetical (because we don't know the price yet) but say the Aayla figure is announced at $69.99 or even $79.99. Do you see obvious improvement over the Asajj Ventress 12" that would warrant such a price difference??

I sure as heck don't. In fact, by all appearances the Asajj figure is BETTER.

Just one example. However, I do agree that the SW figures have improved through production for the most part. Old Ben started that trend.

I paid $40 for Bib Fortuna. I won't pay more than that for Aayla Secura... who has less fabric, less accessories, and is less accurate. Sideshow better think twice about setting their price range so high as to rival companies out there that are producing better quality products.

Ki-Adi will be done. Whether he'll be worth the price? That is doubtful....I don't think he'll be $90 but I do think he'll be somewhere around $69.99....

Well, this is completely hypothetical (because we don't know the price yet) but say the Aayla figure is announced at $69.99 or even $79.99. Do you see obvious improvement over the Asajj Ventress 12" that would warrant such a price difference??

I sure as heck don't. In fact, by all appearances the Asajj figure is BETTER.

Just one example. However, I do agree that the SW figures have improved through production for the most part. Old Ben started that trend.

If she comes in at $79 I plan on making my posts quite clear at how unhappy I will be. There is no need for her to be at that price even as a Con item. Asajj was a more complex figure compared to Aayla. Aayla is at most a $60 figure for those going and $65 for those not.

I paid $40 for Bib Fortuna. I won't pay more than that for Aayla Secura... who has less fabric, less accessories, and is less accurate. Sideshow better think twice about setting their price range so high as to rival companies out there that are producing better quality products.

Bib Fortuna wasn't $40 direct from Sideshow, though. He was $55, if I'm not mistaken. $55 would be a fair price for Aayla at this point, I think. But I have a feeling she'll be at least $10-15 more than that, and possibly higher.

If she comes in at $79 I plan on making my posts quite clear at how unhappy I will be. There is no need for her to be at that price even as a Con item.

But will you still buy it? I think sideshow is a great company and really puts its fans up front, but if people are still buying it may not make much difference if they are buying grudgingly. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy it, I am in the same boat that I think the price maybe too high and may buy it anyways. The problem is that I fear even if you and I and others do not buy it in protest it'll still sell out and won't make much difference.

Bib Fortuna wasn't $40 direct from Sideshow, though. He was $55, if I'm not mistaken. $55 would be a fair price for Aayla at this point, I think. But I have a feeling she'll be at least $10-15 more than that, and possibly higher.

You're right, and that was exactly my point. I haven't felt like I've gotten a bargain out of Sideshow direct in a long, long time.

Yeah, he's a must now. I think Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti are now the quintessential PT Jedi left to be done (other than Yoda, of course). I'd like a Coleman Trebor, too.

Ki-Adi, Shaak Ti and Yoda are the only prequel jedi I'm still waiting on. If we get more than that I'll be happy, but these ones are imperative.

It would be cool if they did. He's a pretty important character in the clone wars as well as the movies, hell the gave Plo Koon and Kit Fisto figures, and they didn't even have speaking lines.:naughty

No excitement? That's more a matter of tastes I would say.l
i should have elaborated. remember when they were pumping out figures every other month?? thats what i meant by exciting, with every new figure we were trying to guess how SS would improve and wow us with the next. lately, we haven't really had that. heck, i can't even remember the last time i was anxious for PPO on a Friday other than for the PF Indy.

Yeah, he's a must now. I think Ki Adi Mundi and Shaak Ti are now the quintessential PT Jedi left to be done (other than Yoda, of course). I'd like a Coleman Trebor, too.

Agreed!!!! i would love for some more of the Jedi characters to be made as long as they are up to par. and not breaking the bank.

Back