Do you think i've been had??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rest seems to be all in order so I'm wondering if maybe somebody before me broke a few teeth,tried to fix'em and realised that transluscent plastic wouldn't repair so well and coated the teeth in silver paint?? Anyway at least it matches the fingernails!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

yeah that's what I think happened. I like it though. The teeth look more menacing!

to me, it looks as if the entire bust was repainted.

But, I don't think you've been had

I agree. Here is a pic of the one I used to have:
alienqzx7.jpg

Great find, but, it is not "factory fresh" It has been repainted to look more "screen" accurate, like D to the triple 6 says, but not prop accurate.

I'm sure I saw this bust on ebay last year. They had received the bust damaged, one of the main teeth had broken. The guy had repaired it & painted the teeth silver in order to cover the repair. He was quite open about all of this in the auction & the bust was priced very competitively. I watched it for a while, but the guy must have had an offer or a change of heart because he removed it from sale.

Wished I'd pulled the trigger on it when it was available as a buy it now.

I can't remember 100% but it was close to 50% of RRP so somewhere £275 - £300 I think. I thought at the time it seemed a bit too good to be true & it was hard to tell how well he had carried out the repair. I would imagine he sold it for a bit more though.

I got mine at a bargain but will keep that quiet incase I sell it soon!! :horror

I do quite like the other picture with the translucant teeth.....Any way mine looks pretty hot where it is so maybe I don't need to worry about it!

Appreciate the comments guys/gals :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back