Do you buy multiples of the same Figures? Hot Toys, Iron Man, Cap, etc?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a primary Batman collector I typically get all movie portrayals of Batman. So multiple Batman figures from different movies and different costumes like, Knightmare, armored and regular bats. Same with statues I like the different Batman PF statues comic and movie versions. As far as marvel, I have singles of each character except Ironman. I typically get one IM figure from each movie.

I would never buy multiples of the "same figure" but would buy multiples of different versions of a character I like.

From what I have: Robocop Diecast and B/D, Terminator 1 and 2 T-800, Boba Fett ESB, Proto and 1/4 ROTJ, 89 Batman and 1/4 TDKR Batman, And of course Iron Man. I will eventually have 7 (4 IM and 3 WM).

The only other variant I've been madly waiting for is the 1/4 Darth Vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have different IM suits/versions, but not all. Similarly, I have a few Cap versions, but not all. I do have every HT version of Black Widow. I did dabble at buying multiples of certain sets I really liked with the intention of creating customs/variants of the character a good while ago, but no longer.

I have the different versions of most same characters from the different films. I tried to collect all the IMs, but it just became too much for me, so I only buy the main IM suits after the MK7. I do have a few multiples of the same versions of some figures, like Caps, BW, Batman, but that's because I like to do some extreme posing with those, I like to have backup suits just in case. I sometimes pick up extra suited bodies or just the outfits and spare parts off EBay as backup.

Back