Do we need Bib?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anzik Hayes said:
I ordered the regular edition from a secondary retailer.
I too am considering this, after calling Sideshow this morning to cancel my pre-auth charge for him. Can't afford it this day after Xmas. I have my quote for mailing in my payment for the exclusive edition, but I'm really not sure if the Staff is worth it.
I have seen him from a secondary retailer comic shop I get my DC Direct 13" Deluxe Collector Figures from for about $10 less than having to cough up my weeks hard earned cash to make payment to Sideshow by January 2nd.
Oh what to do....what to do.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

No Bib for me. SS has forced me to stick with only the ultra-cream of the crop between SW, LOTR, and Marvel. Bib (and Jabba for that matter) didn't make the cut.

Khev said:
No Bib for me. SS has forced me to stick with only the ultra-cream of the crop between SW, LOTR, and Marvel. Bib (and Jabba for that matter) didn't make the cut.

Same here.

I think Bib looks amazing but he just doesn't fit in my SW 12" collecting plans.

Man this really is a tough decision for me. I know if I cancel him and get Jabba and his throne I will be mad that I did. I guess Sideshow has a good return policy. Maybe I will just keep him. After all I think I would be to lazy to send him back. :D

I need a bib. I just had a bowl of green chili and you should see my shirt:monkey4:monkey4

This is why my wife won't take me out to eat:D

nash said:
Thats good points. but on the same note, boba fett's character as a whole allows for more to the imagination. And Im no expert in the EU stuff but Im assuming they have spin off books or novels about his adventures as a bounty hunter etc. You cant really do a side novel about the adventures of bib fortuna though hehe.

Good point. I'm not a big EU follower though, I pretty much only explore EU when it has tight ties to movie events (ie Clone Wars, Shadows of the Empire) so when I measure character representation, I only go by the 6 films of the saga.

ObiWan_67_D1138 said:
The Sideshow site has been updated with new pics of Bib in his Scum and Villainy shipping box!
Amazing. Can't wait for him!

Box looks awsome and still has the regular design (I love the orange)... guess crumb will be first with the new 30th box?

nash said:
Thats good points. but on the same note, boba fett's character as a whole allows for more to the imagination. And Im no expert in the EU stuff but Im assuming they have spin off books or novels about his adventures as a bounty hunter etc. You cant really do a side novel about the adventures of bib fortuna though hehe.

That's where you are wrong my friend, there is a sidestory about Bib, read "Tales from Jabba's palace".

as far as I'm concerned, if youre getting Jabba (and I am) then you absolutely need Bib (which I'm getting)

I'm just getting the regular version though from a local retailer, I have no need for a stick that wasn't in the films :)

nash said:
That's great Josh, but I was hoping for a more elaborate answer to "why" you like him.

I like Bib because he looks cool. He just has an interesting look. That's it really. He's like most characters in SW doesn't have much of a backstory but are still well liked. Not to the degree Maul and Fett but you understand.

Bib is one of those guys that you know instantly what he is all about the second you see him. His entire being is clearly shown within ten seconds of him intercepting the droids. He's freaky and interesting, and he looks like a monster, but he's also got on all these delicate robes and jewelery, and then that big friggin piece of armor up front which makes one think he might possbily be an asskicker (a thought quickly disspelled when Jabba tosses him).

As an EU character, he is one of the few to survive the Sail Barge incident in ROTJ. He's clever, feral, cruel, nasty, and an all round interesting character. His voice is neat, and his delicate movements and theatrical bearing just really endear him to me. Watch him in that first scene, where he's pawing at R2. You can't tell me you didn;t get a chill the first time you saw those claws extend toward our little astromech.

As for the staff, it's just a cool accessory. Is it in the film? No. It was an added value pack in to a Kenner figure that had to be one of the more striking of that vaunted line. I love the staff as a nostalgic piece, but also because it will allow for more striking stances when I display him. For example, I never get tired of finding new ways to pose Red Death, who also comes with an oversized symbol of phallic superiority.

I'm really looking forward to Bib, can you tell?

Bib is one of those characters that is instantly recognizable to even the casual fan or watcher of Star Wars (at least that is my experience with him). He really completes the Jabba set up. Even if you aren't getting Jabba, he is a very interesting alien figure. Kit wasn't a very big character either, but he made a fantastically cool figure. The staff just makes him seem to have more authority to everyone else besides Jabba. Like said above, it wasn't in the movie but that is why it makes a great exclusive. It is cool to have, but not really an issue for most if they miss it because it isn't in the film ...yet :rotfl

I've always been a big Jabba fan, and Bib fortuna was one of my favorite 3 3/4" figures when I was a kid because I had to have him with my Jabba figure and I always liked the look, so for me, the Exclusive Kenner staff is just a nice way to remember the old days when I look at my new Bib, and that's a lot of fun, so I'm glad Sideshow went that route, and hopefully other figures in the future will have similar exclusives where their character's are relatively accessoryless.

e5hoth63.jpg

We need? How about you need?

Do we need Bib?

Or any other Star Wars pieces for that matter?

I mean come on...........is there really a need for all this Star Wars nonsense??????:D

shhhhhhhhhhh...........don't tell anyone, but that was supposed to be a joke.

Back