Do the magnets wear out over time on sideshow statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.marts

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just a quick question do the magnets wear out over time on sideshow pieces with dust or if you change the hands or heads continuously.

my oldest piece with magnets is X-23 and she's still holding strong,

Depending on the pose the magnets aren't terrible strong, someone grased my Silver surfer Comiquette when i was stupid enough to have it out of its cabinet and one of the amrs fell off :(

my oldest piece with magnets is X-23 and she's still holding strong,

Depending on the pose the magnets aren't terrible strong, someone grased my Silver surfer Comiquette when i was stupid enough to have it out of its cabinet and one of the amrs fell off :(

so as long as i don't remove them constantly and they clicked into place on my shelves they should last my life time :) and than i disassembly and take them with me in my grave.

while i've not had the magnets wear out, I HAVe had the glue holding the magnets in place wear out :lol

Same here lol! The magnets are great but I've had statues with heads missing due to failed glue. No permanent damage from it yet though. :thud:

this is scary as my statues are high up on shelves

Wow! That is a brave display...I dunno if I could sleep with pf's and a big speaker hanging over my head! Or with my pf's out on shelves like that. They look cool though, and we have earthquakes here, so it may be perfect for you. :thud:

Wow! That is a brave display...I dunno if I could sleep with pf's and a big speaker hanging over my head! Or with my pf's out on shelves like that. They look cool though, and we have earthquakes here, so it may be perfect for you. :thud:

I don't sleep i spend most of my nap time here on these forums :) in australia melbourne we don't get earthquake but we do get tremors from time to time but not on a large scale i think the highest was 3 on the scale.

this is scary as my statues are high up on shelves

attachment.php

Those statues are very heavy and your entire setup is held by a few screws..directly on top of your head. This is an example of a future darwin award recipient.

At least switch the pillow so your feet is below the statues not head. :slap

this thread has made me think about batteries :gandalf i have a Gandalf The Grey PF incoming and i know he takes 2 AAA batteries to make his staff light up. do you guys think it's safe to leave the batteries in the statue for a long time?

only statue i have that has magnets is :gollum: the Gollum PF. doe's Gandalf have magnets?

Last edited:
Back