Do Sideshow accept returns if you don't have the receipt ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack00

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wanna buy a statue on ebay (joker PF exclusive), but i'm scared something will break or get damaged during shipping over here. So i'm wondering if sideshow will replace it if I send it to them even tho I don't have the receipt.
Thank you.

If the seller is an authorized dealer of Sideshow, then they(dealer) should be able to take care of any issue for you.

But I'm not 100% if you purchase it through an non authorized dealer that you will have any options other than if the seller is willing to take care of you.

The replacement will go to the seller not to you which he would then have to mailed it to you. SSC will never deal with you because you are not the original purchaser. There maybe issues & hassle buying from ebay & not direct. There are cases that the seller kept the replacement & never shipped to the buyer (because the paypal 45 days protection had expired). I would be very wary about buying any "new' statues off eBay. A lot of scammers out there. It's best to buy direct or a reputable online retailer / LCS.

Yeah but the Exclusive of joker is pretty much sold out everywhere. Unless someone know a certified dealer that ships to canada ?

Alright, but what if you send the proof of payment from paypal for the statue, and also if your package ships from your adress, won't sideshow return one at that said adress instead of the original buyer ?

Alright, but what if you send the proof of payment from paypal for the statue, and also if your package ships from your adress, won't sideshow return one at that said adress instead of the original buyer ?

Nope. Like said above, you're not the original buyer. You would have to go through the seller for any replacement IF they are willing to do that. Look at the seller's return policy and feedback. Email them those questions to them as well and see what they reply back to you. Email sideshow as well if you want a direct answer from them too, they'll reply back to you as well.

I wanna buy a statue on ebay (joker PF exclusive), but i'm scared something will break or get damaged during shipping over here. So i'm wondering if sideshow will replace it if I send it to them even tho I don't have the receipt.
Thank you.

From Sideshow's website:
Return/exchange product purchased from an Ebay auction.
If you purchased our product directly from an Ebay Retailer and wish to return it for a replacement or refund, you must contact them and complete this process with the original seller. We cannot issue direct refunds or replacements for our products sold by other retailers.

Sideshow Collectibles will not replace damaged product to third parties (even if factory sealed) and will only deal with the original purchaser as per our 30 Day Return Policy. This policy is similar to any other manufacturer who sells to a retail vendor who in turn is fulfilling to the public. The damaged item is returned to the original place of purchase for replacement or refund, regardless if it is a physical store or an Ebay store.

If your Ebay Retailer is a direct wholesale client of ours, Sideshow Collectibles will follow our Wholesale Return/Exchange policy with the store. If the item is covered by this policy, then an account representative will work with them to resolve your situation.

Due to the limited edition nature of our product, we cannot guarantee that the item(s) can be replaced at the time of return or that damaged specific edition numbers can be replaced with the same number. In this case, a substitution or refund will be offered to the vendor and in turn to you.

There is no way to be able to predict when second parties will resell Sideshow products to a third party buyer through an auction, which is why we strongly urge Ebay buyers to ask for pictures of the item out of the box including pictures of bases with edition sizes for verification, and to confirm the seller’s exchange/refund policies prior to bidding. Please question a seller who advises that you will be able to “just return it directly to Sideshow if there is a problem” since this does not meet the specifications of our 30 Day Return Policy.

Please click here for more helpful suggestions you should review prior to purchasing any of our product through an auction!
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=109

Yeah I just saw that on sideshow's site.
Damn I really wish I could get my hands on that exlcusive...

Back