DO NOT BUY FROM (underworldkits) ON EBAY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GE 7

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I Just want to warn you about a model kit maker from UK called Michael Baldwin his ebay user is (underworldkits) he have some kick a** model kits and he is even willing to paint them for you.. but after you pay for your model kit you will never hear from him again.

I Have bought a Leatherface model kit from him on 7/25/2014 and since then I am sending him a message every week asking for updates, he replied back to the first few messages with things like "I am still busy with something else, give me a few more days" but after a few weeks he stopped replying back.. maybe because he knew the 30 days money back guarantee from ebay was over, and since then I never heard anything from the guy.

I am just trying to share with you a lesson that costed me $240 :(

If you used paypal its 180 days protection, it helped me out.
That's why I wasn't worried when the 30 days protection of ebay expired but when I tried to raise a complain to PayPal I received a message that this transaction is not covered by them maybe because he is located in UK and I am located in Saudi Arabia? I don't know for sure.
I will give it a shot and send them an email asking about the reasons for not covering my transaction.

Thanks for the warning, do you have a link to his ebay site?
Here is his ebay account Underworldkits

If you used paypal its 180 days protection, it helped me out.

Just received a reply from PayPal, nope... it's just a 45 days protection, you don't have the right to open a dispute after 45 days of the transaction :(

That's disappointing. Only thing you can do is keep chaseing the seller, be polite and hopefully he will give in. That's what I did with mine and finally got my money back.

Hi,

I am the ebay seller being discussed here, and fortunately a friend brought this thread to my attention, so I've signed up to this forum to put things straight.

Firstly, nobody needs to worry about paypal protection periods, or chasing me till I give up... I had not intentionally let the buyer down, or purposefully avoided sending the item in an attempt to rip anyone off.

What has actually happened is a mix up as a result of me having some other matters to deal with for a while, causing a delay in finishing the paint-up of the item. The buyer's assertion about me ignoring him is not true, I had sent an email very recently apologising for the delay, and explaining. By the buyers statements here, I can only presume that he did not receive that email (either that or is just exaggerating for effect... not unheard of on forums). If the email wasn't received however, I was not aware of that, and was working on the assumption that the buyer had understood and was awaiting shipping of the item. It is only finding out about this thread that has made me realise otherwise.

The important thing that I'm here to point out though, is that the buyer has been REFUNDED IN FULL, as soon as I became aware of his dissatisfaction, so he is not out any money, and has no basis to claim that I am ripping anybody off, or try to hurt my business on ebay. In fact, if people take a moment to check my ebay feedback, you'll see that I am actually a reliable seller.

It's just a shame that this person has not taken the time to update this thread and let people know that he got his money back.

Mike

Also, his statement about emailing me every week was quite simply untrue, but as I've said, I guess people exaggerate sometimes.

Glad you took the time to write this post Michael!!

Let my clarify some points you have mentioned..
1) You are right about your GREAT ebay feedback score, but even an unsatisfied buyer like me will not be able to rate his experience with you because the transaction happened over 30 days ago.

2) I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY MESSAGES FROM YOU NEITHER THROUGH EBAY, GMAIL OR PAYPAL and I have checked each and every inbox and junk box I have.

3) Yes sir, I was lying about contacting you and here is a picture from my ebay messages to prove it :slap
X3GNyPU.jpg

And here is my PayPal message to you when I tried to ask for a refund
YLxCBPY.jpg

4) The funny thing is that you refunded me 3 days ago and couldn't wait for me to check my emails and write an update on this thread, but it's fine for you to ignore a buyer for all this time.. and it's also fine with you to call him a lair.

Any how, below is my email reply to you I wrote before I check your post on this thread "In case you didn't receive it", I was hoping that you are just a lazy unorganized seller.. but I found out after reading your post that you are also a lair.

Thank you for your generous refund, you are soooo kind to give me back what you stole from me :pray:
-------------------------------------------
Hi Michael,

I red somewhere before that you are usually late on fulfilling your orders and I am fine with that but I was hoping that you will at least stay in touch and keep me updated.
The last message I received from you was through ebay and you said you will send me the Model Kit painted photos in a day or two and since then you went silent, I tried to contact you several times through ebay messages, your email address, and finally through PayPal and you didn't reply to any of my messages.

Thank you for the refund and I will update my Sideshow Freaks thread to include this details.

-------------------------------------------

Back