Dl 44 blasters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chubs&Doggers

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wanted to share some blasters builds I've completed. All Han's blasters. 2 are the same ESB builds, 1 HERO & 1 GK. Built on a modified Denix with metal and synthetic parts to complete each blaster. I also build Luke's Degobah & Bespin blasters. At the moment I'm working on Han's ROTJ blaster along with a TFA build (not on an airsoft but also on a modified Denix).

Thanks for looking. I can also share more pics & I do sell them as well if interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
They look gorgeous, Chubbs. Great weathering and detailing.

Can I ask how much money you put into each and where you found the parts? I probably would never find the time to build one myself, but I'm curious anyway just because I would love to have one.

They look gorgeous, Chubbs. Great weathering and detailing.

Can I ask how much money you put into each and where you found the parts? I probably would never find the time to build one myself, but I'm curious anyway just because I would love to have one.

The parts are not inexpensive unfortunately. The mauser I use alone cost about $100 (W/ Lacquered Wood Grips). The EMPIRE flash hider can be found on eBay but they sell for another 80 I believe. From there I invested in having all the parts for all my builds made into 1:1 STL files. Or as close to 1:1 as could possibly get. For all my other builds I gathered parts where ever I could, then modified them to what I believe to be film accurate. Obviously there is no definitive answer to this - the orginal hero doesn't even exist any longer). But there is plenty of pictures on the net to guide you.

I also modified the denix of each build to try a replicate the MGC mausers that were used in the OT. Sanding off the denix logo, the trigger, and many other parts. Changing out the grip screws etc.

Last edited:
Here is couple pic's of Lukes blaster I just completed with the MR for comparison.

52ee3f125792431d8840f19be0c45fae.jpg
7b67d1c9e943a15bde22eb0e51a947a4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info, Chubs. Very impressive amount of work you've put into it! They really are quite beautiful and you should feel proud to have made them and have them!

Adam Savage did a one day build of one with a (limited number) kit he got through the RPF board:

Thanks for all the info, Chubs. Very impressive amount of work you've put into it! They really are quite beautiful and you should feel proud to have made them and have them!

Adam Savage did a one day build of one with a (limited number) kit he got through the RPF board:

Thanks a bunch. I've seen this video and it was very helpful. Especially seeing the master replica compared to what adams built. He also had an actual MGC Mauser to build on. They cost about as much as what the MR goes for alone! Crazy expensive. I use a Denix but with the proper love it can do a really nice job of subbing in. I've tried to duplicate the authenticity of having all separate parts then assembling them as one would off the assembly-line.

Last edited:
Very nice! Denix is a very good base for DL-44 (or Merr Sonn). Real MGC's are very expensive, and real deac. Mausers not allowed everywhere.

Back