Display options for Premium format statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkzip

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I was wondering what people are using to display the Premium format 1/4 scale statues. I don't think Detolfs are large enough?

If I put it on a shelf, where can I find plastic cases to cover them and protect from dust?

My Doom was in a perspex display case. Would not want the cloth material to be dusty. And i have my fair share of broken glass.:eek:

I built some large shelves out of plywood and then lined the entire insides with black cloth. I can store 12 statues in each unit and then some on top. I have 3 units built and some smaller units from the scraps.

Edit: Sorry, I meant 6 statues plus another 3-4 or so on top...

Last edited:
Dont you guys worry about the Detolf cases? The shelves seem awful thin to be made of glass. I wouldnt want to put any of my busts in there on them because I'd be worried about them caving in. Or have you gone to a glass shop and got them to cut you thicker shelf glass?

Dont you guys worry about the Detolf cases? The shelves seem awful thin to be made of glass. I wouldnt want to put any of my busts in there on them because I'd be worried about them caving in. Or have you gone to a glass shop and got them to cut you thicker shelf glass?

No, never a problem I have almost all my collectibles in Detolf (the PF Lurtz have a double glass shelves).

Where I live there are no earthquakes so I’m fine. :D

DSC02785_copy.jpg

https://home.online.no/~ivfinsd/index.cfm

He he, thanks. :cool:

...at least they are safest when they’re in the boxes.:lol

:D

I do have a set of the shelves out. This is what they look like. Maybe not as pretty as others but alot cheaper and very sturdy...no worries putting the heavy ones on there!! As you can see they are not quite finished. I'm waiting until I move so that I can screw the 2 units together then the black material will go over the other wood spots( so it will all look like the bottom half.. :D

No, never a problem I have almost all my collectibles in Detolf (the PF Lurtz have a double glass shelves).

Where I live there are no earthquakes so I’m fine. :D

DSC02785_copy.jpg

https://home.online.no/~ivfinsd/index.cfm

Quite a nice LOTR collection you have there :D

Isnt Lurtz awesome, I have one of those also, hes just amazing. I also have a Sauron, hes probably my favorite piece, just the attention to detail and the size are incredible.
I only have a few LOTR pieces, I didnt even know about sideshow collectibles and how awesome their stuff is until after the LOTR movies were out and all the really cool stuff was sold out. Now I have to try and find most of it on Ebay without being gouged.

Cheers!

Sling

Thanks Sling!
Slingblade is a great film. One of the first films I saw with Billy Bob. I watched the family movie The Astronaut Farmer and in the extras he did a parody on the Slingblade characters …it was hilarious funny. :rotfl

…and FeatheredSerpent thanks for the pics. I guess they will look very nice after you have moved and filled them up with poly.:cool:

I completely renovate my LOTR collection today. It was quit a job, but now that it’s done I’m very pleased with it. The Lurtz is now on the top of the Detolfs and waiting for Aragon to arrive.:dance

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
:fireworks

Thanks. I think they'll look great with the black back ground once some PFs are actually in there and they have been finished. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for awhile. I'll definately get some pics posted once I have them all set up though.. :D

Thanks. I think they'll look great with the black back ground once some PFs are actually in there and they have been finished. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for awhile. I'll definately get some pics posted once I have them all set up though.. :D

I would definately like to see some pics. Was thinkning about doing something like that myself. I have to admit that I'm not very crafy though.

Please answer me, these questions three.

Was this difficult?
How much time/materials?
What did you save by doing it yourself?

Took

When I FINALLy get my Star Wars and LOTR PF's displayed I'm going to try and get as much space between them as possible as I think it looks more classy that way. One character per SW film with corresponding mini posters and the actors autographs plus my sized down Sideshow/Weta collection of Cavetroll, RWOS, RW bust and Arms of the Nazgul.Should be done this year!!(HOPEFULLY)

I would definately like to see some pics. Was thinkning about doing something like that myself. I have to admit that I'm not very crafy though.

Please answer me, these questions three.

Was this difficult?
How much time/materials?
What did you save by doing it yourself?

Took

No, it wasn't very difficult, just time consuming. I had to cut all the sizes (had some cut by the store) and build the shelves. My wife helped me so we worked on it maybe a couple of evenings and she helped do the material part while I was at work. It took ALOT of material but by the time they were done I spent about $400.00. That build 3 of the units like the one pictured in this thread. I also used the scraps and built 5 smaller shelves that will be able to hold quite abit themselves. I'll have some pics up later this year as soon as my house is built and I get them set up.... :D

The 3 main units are just over 4 ft long about 2 1/2 ft deep and just over 8 ft high. They will hold 6 HUGE pf figures inside and some on top. Planning on putting the hulk and thing pfs on top of one and the biker scout pf on top of another.

Back