Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when u find this thread months after buying normal book shelves to display things on from walmart.... :gah:

really awesome ideas here esp the Ikea stuff... didn't even cross my mind....

just a question, what shelves did you get for this? can you give me the link i cant find the shelves for this pax unit.

This thread has been terrific for highlighting various display options, and I thank everyone who has posted as it helped me solidify the type of display I was going for.

I went with a PAX display (58" x 92" and 22.5" depth) with solid black sliding door frames, and internal STRIBERG lighting on a remote. I used the black-brown panels in the lower 1/4 for storage (mostly to keep my wife happy as this now serves a dual purpose), and custom 1/8" cell-cast acrylic for the top 3/4. Overall, I'm extremely pleased. I really wish the lighting wasn't so "warm" (2700K) on the statues, but the lighting in other parts of the room match (which is why the room appears to yellow in the photo... too lazy to colour correct).

Quick shot of mine... then it's time to get more statues out of storage.

_DSC1687 (1).jpg

why is it that I can only see PAX units that are 22 7/8 " deep, I thought I saw in this thread that there are ones that is 26 deep, am I missing something?

why is it that I can only see PAX units that are 22 7/8 " deep, I thought I saw in this thread that there are ones that is 26 deep, am I missing something?

That's correct. There aren't any deeper ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which one is easier to put a full sheet acrylic in?

like what is the difference between:

AULI Pair of sliding doors - 78 3/4x79 1/8 ", - - IKEA

PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA

thank you in advance

I believe they'd both work, but I can't say for sure. I used these in black and they worked great. PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA. The "sliding door frame & rail" are cheaper than the AULI too. I recommend them.

There is no real difference -- They are the same frame. The only minor difference is that the AULI package has panels (picked up separately from the frame) that are to go in the frame. It's reflected in the price differential. Clearly you would not need the panels if you were using acrylic. All you need to do is pick up the frame to match your PAX, and not the panels (unless you install them for a storage section, as I did). Then skip the installation of the cross-beams in the door, measure accurately, and order cell-cast acrylic. Super simple. Hope this helps.

which one is easier to put a full sheet acrylic in?

like what is the difference between:

AULI Pair of sliding doors - 78 3/4x79 1/8 ", - - IKEA

PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA

thank you in advance

And buy a heat gun. Run heat slowly over the acrylic protective paper as you remove it. It will come off easily and cleanly leaving no residue. It is 100% worth the purchase.

Does using the heat gun reduce the static? If so, I would absolutely second this statement. The static of folding back the protective film picked up a lot of debris (even though I only folded it back 1/4" to clear the frame overhang). In the end, I had to install & remove the panels a few times to ensure that there was no acrylic debris (from the cutting process) stuck between the panel and frame. Still not perfect, but it's a monster pain to remove the doors/hardware/panels... besides, the top door covers what remaining stuff is caught.

And buy a heat gun. Run heat slowly over the acrylic protective paper as you remove it. It will come off easily and cleanly leaving no residue. It is 100% worth the purchase.

Does using the heat gun reduce the static? If so, I would absolutely second this statement. The static of folding back the protective film picked up a lot of debris (even though I only folded it back 1/4" to clear the frame overhang). In the end, I had to install & remove the panels a few times to ensure that there was no acrylic debris (from the cutting process) stuck between the panel and frame. Still not perfect, but it's a monster pain to remove the doors/hardware/panels... besides, the top door covers what remaining stuff is caught.

Idk if it cut down on static. I had the entire floor covered in a plastic painters tarp which helped to keep hair or fuzz from sticking to it...yet I still had a little cleaning to do once the doors were up and installed. My cuts were super clean from the acrylic shop so I didn't really have any edge debris. The edges were actually dangerously sharp because of how clean the cut was. Either way...the heat gun made the paper come off like butter.

Alright, didn't update for couple month and here are some new pics today.
First is the overall look.
View attachment 173577
And this is my little corner where I can assemble my Gundams and unpack all new arrivals
View attachment 173579
PF and 1/4 mostly DC Marvel and SW
View attachment 173580
Avengers/captain America and some Japan stuff
View attachment 173581
Batmobile display
View attachment 173582View attachment 173583

Toy is my life!

did the glass door comes with it? do you have a link?

Hey guys, I have just gotten into the collecting of bigger sideshow statues like premium formats and 1:1 scale busts. I see a lot of you have PAX as they are big enough to house these big pieces but when it comes to it I can't find the exact parts I'd need could anyone link me to all the things I'd need like the doors but the actual cabinet itself? I can wire it all etc but just can't find the parts for it all I find is wardrobe in PAX, sorry for being a noob at this. Thanks in return.

Does anyone have any suggestions/pictures for wall mounted display cases instead of floor based displays for 1:6 figures? I'm kinda limited for space and I'm looking for something wall mounted. Any info would help, thanks!

has anybody put any reinforcement under shelves for the pax just wondering because my statues seem pretty heavy and don't want the shelve to brake in half

xbww49.jpg

nbzqmo.jpg

any advise or i should be ok

Last edited:
Back