Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my pax displays a week early from IKEA, but won't be able to do anything with them since I'm getting injections in my back tomorrow. :mad:

For pax users, how much do you guys put on the shelf? I wanna buy one but the 44lb limit is kinda weak, especially for the older premium formats.

For pax users, how much do you guys put on the shelf? I wanna buy one but the 44lb limit is kinda weak, especially for the older premium formats.

If you have something over the 44 lb limit I'd leave it by itself on the shelf, but you'll also want to brace the shelves as previously discussed in this thread. With the extra bracing the only weak point would be the pegs, and I seriously doubt that would be an issue. I admit I've never had the Hulk or another beastly heavy PF on my shelves though. My shelves have probably reached the 44 lb limit or close to it, that's it.

If you have something over the 44 lb limit I'd leave it by itself on the shelf, but you'll also want to brace the shelves as previously discussed in this thread. With the extra bracing the only weak point would be the pegs, and I seriously doubt that would be an issue. I admit I've never had the Hulk or another beastly heavy PF on my shelves though. My shelves have probably reached the 44 lb limit or close to it, that's it.
Yeah I plan on buying the shelving brackets to prevent sag. I want to display the Superman Pf and batman Pf on one shelf but they're rated at around 25lbs.

Yeah I plan on buying the shelving brackets to prevent sag. I want to display the Superman Pf and batman Pf on one shelf but they're rated at around 25lbs.

I have batman superman joker and Harley Quinn on same shelf. Reinforced them like others in the thread

Hey guys looking to add some led lighting to my display cases. The cases are from ikea and are black in color... I was thinking "cool white" would be best but now I see ikea only stocks the "warm white" color. Does anybody know where I can find some good cool white LED strip lighting, or do most of you use the warm white lighting with your displays?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I don't know about the older ones, but the ones I have the cool white. I don't like that setting and shift the setting to where a touch of yellow comes through, which provides a warmer white color.

I don't know about the older ones, but the ones I have the cool white. I don't like that setting and shift the setting to where a touch of yellow comes through, which provides a warmer white color.

Awesome thank you sir.

I put masking tape over my Komplement lights to dim them and give a warmer/yellowish light.

I'm a bit confused with the Pax displays. Did Ikea change the options? All I can find are mirrored glass or frosted glass doors, but not the nice clear glass of the pics here.

And does anyone know the max weight for each shelf? I'm not seeing it on the Ikea listing. My hope is to put at least 1 PF and maybe some maquettes on each shelf.

The pics here look great, just trying to figure out how to make it work!

Thanks

I'm a bit confused with the Pax displays. Did Ikea change the options? All I can find are mirrored glass or frosted glass doors, but not the nice clear glass of the pics here.

And does anyone know the max weight for each shelf? I'm not seeing it on the Ikea listing. My hope is to put at least 1 PF and maybe some maquettes on each shelf.

The pics here look great, just trying to figure out how to make it work!

Thanks

You have to modify the doors with clear glass or acrylic. The shelves are rated for 44lbs.

Hi fellow collectors,

Is there any way to install glass doors for a single 29inch PAX frame?

PAX Wardrobe frame - white, 29 1/2x13 3/4x79 1/4 " - IKEA
Width: 29 1/2 " (74.8 cm)
Depth: 22 7/8 " (58.0 cm)
Height: 93 1/8 " (236.4 cm)

Unfortunately I got no space for two of them...I know the Auli is a sliding door. Besta doors are too narrow...there seems to be nothing at all.

The problem is that I own statues that wouldn't fit in a Besta or Stuva.

With some work you can use two MALM glass tops as sliding doors on the 29" pax.

Like this:

IKEA PAX+Besta - Sliding Glass Doors.jpg

Great idea, thx

And since the MALM glass fronts are too short you cover the lower parts with solid doors? Which doors are those?

Back