Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone done anything to the holes left by the cross members not being used on the PAX doors? I was thinking of getting some flat aluminum bar and countersinking screws into then, then the frame to hid the holes left. Anyone else?

I honestly can't see the holes. Haven't even noticed them since I built my doors. :dunno

I honestly can't see the holes. Haven't even noticed them since I built my doors. :dunno

Do you have the newest version of the PAX door? The one with the thinner reveal on the outside? Can you snap a pic of the inner channel? I was assembling a door last night and that is ALL I could see.

This is the closest up pic I have at the moment, but this is how mine look at night. I guess you can see the hole to the left of the HT Endo if you're looking for it. Never bothered me though. Honestly I think with these black frames it would be easy enough to run a single strip of black electrical tape along the inside edge of each rail and it would fix it if it bothers you.

This is the closest up pic I have at the moment, but this is how mine look at night. I guess you can see the hole to the left of the HT Endo if you're looking for it. Never bothered me though. Honestly I think with these black frames it would be easy enough to run a single strip of black electrical tape along the inside edge of each rail and it would fix it if it bothers you.

That is exactly what I meant.... I am so **** and have OCD I would see them every time! LOL!

Great setup by the way.

That is exactly what I meant.... I am so **** and have OCD I would see them every time! LOL!

Great setup by the way.

Thanks. Yeah I get OCD about a lot things, so I understand. It doesn't personally bother me, but still I think electrical tape might do the trick. Worth a try anyways.

And so my journey begins.....
IMG_1604.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG

Good for you Zildjian! That looks like a perfect spot for them too. The outlet placement is ideal. I only had a regular extension cord when I built mine and now it's going to be a job to get behind the cabinets to plug in a quality surge protector. :slap

So here is what I ended up using to cover the holes. Black veneer strips that are ironed on. Once the glue sets they are STUCK on there good.

IMG_1628b.jpg
IMG_1629.JPG
IMG_1630.JPG

So here is what I ended up using to cover the holes. Black veneer strips that are ironed on. Once the glue sets they are STUCK on there good.

Much better than electrical tape lol. Great idea. Can you link to this or let me know where to get it?

I will be ordering two of the 79" high single Pax wardrobes when I go out to Ikea in a couple of weeks.

PAX Wardrobe frame - white, 39 1/4x13 3/4x79 1/4 " - IKEA

I plan to go the single panel acrylic route in the silver Ikea frames. I was wondering if it would be possible to seperate the pair of sliding doors put one on each cabinet and convert them to hinge mount somehow.

Has anyone done this or will I be the test case? My main concerns would be the weight of a fully open door pulling the cabinet over or pulling the hinges out and where to mount the hinges on the door.

Any thoughts advice?

I think I'm gonna do it, gonna get a PAX. Having trouble navigating IKEAs website though- I'm gonna go 59" wide rather than the 78". I think I found the unit and sliding door frame, is this right? Dimensions seem a little off but may depend on how it goes together...

PAX 2 wardrobe frames - black-brown, 58 7/8x22 7/8x93 1/8 ", - IKEA
PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA

lol read through the hole thread to get up to speed, I saw where they changed the lighting name... I can't find the shelves anywhere :huh :lol

I think I'm gonna do it, gonna get a PAX. Having trouble navigating IKEAs website though- I'm gonna go 59" wide rather than the 78". I think I found the unit and sliding door frame, is this right? Dimensions seem a little off but may depend on how it goes together...

PAX 2 wardrobe frames - black-brown, 58 7/8x22 7/8x93 1/8 ", - IKEA
PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA

lol read through the hole thread to get up to speed, I saw where they changed the lighting name... I can't find the shelves anywhere :huh :lol

Your linked stuff looks right to me.

Here's the shelves: KOMPLEMENT Shelf - 39 3/8x13 3/4 " - IKEA

Here's the lights: STRIBERG LED light strip - IKEA

Holy sheesh! Shipping to my place is $350, looks like I'm gonna wait. Thanks for the offer man but I'm down in Texas. Got a business trip next month to Vegas, I think they have one there

Yessss! they do! and as luck would have it, I'll have a cargo trailer :rock

Back