Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I rummage through all of these pages by any chance has anyone ordered any acrylic pieces (for the sliding doors) for the following PAX frame size?

Width: 58 7/8 "
Depth: 22 7/8 "
Height: 93 1/8 "

Unfortunately space has now become an issue for me and the pax/sliding door/acrylic inserts seems to be the best display solution (for me).

Before I rummage through all of these pages by any chance has anyone ordered any acrylic pieces (for the sliding doors) for the following PAX frame size?

Width: 58 7/8 "
Depth: 22 7/8 "
Height: 93 1/8 "

Unfortunately space has now become an issue for me and the pax/sliding door/acrylic inserts seems to be the best display solution (for me).

I think those r the ones i got. tall to the ceiling but not as wide as the widest pax, right?

Yup I believe that's correct. Did you happen to buy the acrylic inserts for them and If so do you have the H and W?

Yup I believe that's correct. Did you happen to buy the acrylic inserts for them and If so do you have the H and W?

Height - 90 3/4"
Width - 29 11/16"

Here you go. posted on page 85 how i got these numbers, i'd just recommend double checking to see if its gonna work for u. Fit like a glove for me, but it also depends on how accurate your glass guys are.

Thanks man! Not sure how I missed your post :slap

Great setup by the way. Looks very professional.

Anyway, ya I'll be sure to do some double checking on the measurements once I pick up the pax/doors from Ikea next weekend. Luckily I have a professional plastics location right next to my home.

My wife and I already have a pax/sliding combo in our bedroom and after taking some measurements I didn't realize the total depth with doors is like 26"-27".

thanks, yeah these things are massive. Was just at Ikea in Vegas and picked up a few detolfs to clear the 1:6 out of my pax.

On a side note, those fake windows they use as displays are awesome. I guess they're built in-house somebody said? sux.

Going to be getting the 78x79x22 and customising the depth. To damn deep for my space that I have. I am going to custom cut them to 19 inches deep. Add the black track and with custom cut acrylic doors. :) Can't wait to start this project.

Going to be getting the 78x79x22 and customising the depth. To damn deep for my space that I have. I am going to custom cut them to 19 inches deep. Add the black track and with custom cut acrylic doors. :) Can't wait to start this project.

Would it make sense to go with a different model if you don't need the depth? Like the Billy? For me the depth was the main benefit of the Pax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked at the billy and the 13inch pax, but I need something around 17-18 inches deep. If I start going into the 20+ then I start wasting to much space. I also love how the pax sliding doors look with acrylic. I want something that will look nice so making a custom myself is out of the picture, lol.

I looked at the billy and the 13inch pax, but I need something around 17-18 inches deep. If I start going into the 20+ then I start wasting to much space. I also love how the pax sliding doors look with acrylic. I want something that will look nice so making a custom myself is out of the picture, lol.

It seems like cutting down all the pieces to make it less deep would be a bit difficult, but I wish you the best of luck. Please share your progress. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will add pics soon, I ended up just moving stuff around to fit the big pax unit.

So I built a double PAX setup with the sliding doors, but need to get the custom cut acrylic to go in them now. Does anyone have a good online retailer that they can recommend, or someone local in the Northern Virginia area?

Okay, here it is. I made a quick video of my Ikea Pax Custom Display Cabinet and Lights! Super excited how this turned out, hope you all enjoy!!!!!

Display unit
2 - Acrylic sheets 39 3/8 x 76 11/16 – 261.00
1 – 1 double Pax wardrobe frame 78 5/8 x 22 7/8 x 79 ¼ - 180.00
1 – Pair of sliding door frames and rail, black – 200.00
4 – Komplement black – brown shelves – 60.00
4 – Komplement Pull-out clothes rails – 60.00
Total = 761.00

Lighting
2 - 5M 300Leds 3528 SMD White LED Flexible Strip Light – 5.98
1 – 12V 2A 24W DC adapter power supply with – 3.38
1 – 2pin extension wire cable cord wire – 3.39
1 – set of 10pcs 2 pin tow connector for 3528 LED lights – 1.87
1 – set of 15 model V aluminum case – 27.99
1 – Roll of heavy duty 3M stick tape – 5.00
1 – Can of black mat spray paint – 3.86
Total = 51.47

Great Video Cheap ass. Using the clothes rails was genius. I didn't pick up on that the first time I watched the video. I was wondering how I could get extra support without having to order something custom.

PS love your commentary on Lou's chat each week.

Great Video Cheap ass. Using the clothes rails was genius. I didn't pick up on that the first time I watched the video. I was wondering how I could get extra support without having to order something custom.

PS love your commentary on Lou's chat each week.

Much appreciated. Yeah, the extra support from the clothes rails was a must. They were a pain to install as well. If you can get help from a friend, I highly recommend it.

Back