Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How exactly did you measure for the acrylic? What dimensions did you end up with?

Great display btw!

I used the Auli door frames for mine. There is a lip all around the frame that holds in the glass/acrylic. I measured the clear opening plus the small amount under the lip. I subtracted about 1/16th of an inch from the height and width to make sure it fit in there smoothly. I can't remember the exact dimensions, but my PAX unit isn't as wide as Sano's.

Just wanted to say thanks to gagaliya, bmutha, and others for all the info regarding the custom pax! I wouldn't have been able to build one without you guys :1-1:

Friggin' sweet, man!

I need me a Pax or something on the same scale. Apocalypse ain't gonna fit in no Besta!

How exactly did you measure for the acrylic? What dimensions did you end up with?

Great display btw!

Thanks! Aw crap, I wrote it down on a piece of paper but threw it away when I finished the display case. :slap I do remember the thickness of the acrylic sheet which is 5mm. Hope that helps!

I used the Auli door frames for mine. There is a lip all around the frame that holds in the glass/acrylic. I measured the clear opening plus the small amount under the lip. I subtracted about 1/16th of an inch from the height and width to make sure it fit in there smoothly. I can't remember the exact dimensions, but my PAX unit isn't as wide as Sano's.

That is exactly what I did sir. I really had to measure because my pax is around a foot shorter than the bigger ones.

Friggin' sweet, man!

I need me a Pax or something on the same scale. Apocalypse ain't gonna fit in no Besta!

Thank you! I'm sure Apocalypse would definitely fit in a pax. :)

I have the 39 1/4" wide shelves and they are rated at 44 pounds.

I got the 30 pound ALIENS queen 1/4 bust and I get bowing shelves.

I really only wanted to use this for pieces that don't fit in the Bestas depthwise but I guess that means too much weight in one spot for some of them.

Rather than reinforce them I think I'm just going to use this PAX for Predator Bio Masks. 3 per shelf and spread the weight out. Should be about 36 pounds per shelf.

They fit pretty good in the shelf configuration with the 3 panels per door (I have the shorter PAX) AND I have enough of them to fill one up :rotfl

Last edited:
Here's my pax finally complete. Fits my dioramas perfectly!

ve6urema.jpg

looks great. I like the... what I assume are... Fake Windows lol

I have the 39 1/4" wide shelves and they are rated at 44 pounds.

I got the 30 pound ALIENS queen 1/4 bust and I get bowing shelves.

I really only wanted to use this for pieces that don't fit in the Bestas depthwise but I guess that means too much weight in one spot for some of them.

Rather than reinforce them I think I'm just going to use this PAX for Predator Bio Masks. 3 per shelf and spread the weight out. Should be about 36 pounds per shelf.

They fit pretty good in the shelf configuration with the 3 panels per door (I have the shorter PAX) AND I have enough of them to fill one up :rotfl

I have the smaller width PAX, and my shelves are rated for the same 44 lbs...I wonder what the limiting factor is, the shelf failing in bending or the plastic brackets? I wish the PAX came with beefier brackets, but I'm sure I can find something out there to replace them if need be.

I have the smaller width PAX, and my shelves are rated for the same 44 lbs...I wonder what the limiting factor is, the shelf failing in bending or the plastic brackets? I wish the PAX came with beefier brackets, but I'm sure I can find something out there to replace them if need be.

mine are bending in the middle... I imagine the less wide ones would be better. I think I'll go with a less wide one next time just to fit the really deep stuff like the 1/4 queen bust. Maybe the wolf predator LSF too.

Mine bend a little in the middle too. They've been that way since the beginning though, so I don't think they're getting worse.

I had 2 extra shelves I never returned so I double up on some of them just in case. I just installed the second shelf right under with the brackets.
Hoping the doors hide it mostly.... Have to see if I like the look with the doors closed, I'm still working on my doors.
but that also might make my lights more visible, when I get some haha.

Question - Detolf shelves are fixed position, and the height can not be adjusted?
I'm looking to get new display units, but the area they will be in is dark, so I'm hoping to get all glass units, to let the light in.

Also - Does anyone has PFs in detolfs? Will the average pf, one without stretched out arms of weapons, fir in a detolf? Please share your experience :)

Hi, my statue new statue/game room is just about ready for display cabinets, I have been looking at the white Besta's with glass doors but wondering if they are any good for a predominantly 1/6 statue collection? I don't want huge spaces above the statues heads, I have a few larger pieces but Skaar is my biggest - any suggestions would be very welcome :pray::pray:

Question - Detolf shelves are fixed position, and the height can not be adjusted?
I'm looking to get new display units, but the area they will be in is dark, so I'm hoping to get all glass units, to let the light in.

Also - Does anyone has PFs in detolfs? Will the average pf, one without stretched out arms of weapons, fir in a detolf? Please share your experience :)
Yeh fixed shelves, the Detolf major flaw. You will only get two PFs in a Detolf by removing shelves which will leave a lot of space. Risers can help to space them out better. I have Dutch in the bittom of my Detolf.
Hi, my statue new statue/game room is just about ready for display cabinets, I have been looking at the white Besta's with glass doors but wondering if they are any good for a predominantly 1/6 statue collection? I don't want huge spaces above the statues heads, I have a few larger pieces but Skaar is my biggest - any suggestions would be very welcome :pray::pray:
1:6 collectors tend to use a half depth shelf. You can then have figures on the bottom front with others at the back on the shelf.

Yeh fixed shelves, the Detolf major flaw. You will only get two PFs in a Detolf by removing shelves which will leave a lot of space. Risers can help to space them out better. I have Dutch in the bittom of my Detolf.

1:6 collectors tend to use a half depth shelf. You can then have figures on the bottom front with others at the back on the shelf.

Thats a great idea, thanks :clap, I may use a combination of half depth shelves for some units and extra shelves for others, just to break the symmetry a little? :blissy

Last time I was in Ikea they had the glass shelf with a LED strip directly behind it.
The effect was really nice, it was like the glass shelf had LEDs running through it.
Another member saw the same display and bought them and loved the result. Don't personally do 1:6 but if I did that would be my choice

No I haven't completely decided on colour etc, but I did see that you can get the mirror back with glass shelves included too, I'm assuming you can also buy the glass shelves to fit Besta without the mirror back and then put the lighting in - there is so much to decide now that I actually have the space, I don't want to mess it up lol

Back