Display cases info

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I have a question not specifically relating to PAX but I'm having some custom shelves built and I was wondering what you would recommend is a good size for depth on average so that I don't have issues displaying big statues (Hulk types) in the future.

16" would be ideal but is it too small? Do I need to go 18" or deeper which might not be possible? (yes that's what she said). :dunno

I would say 25" to be safe for any future statues that may come out.

I would say 25" to be safe for any future statues that may come out.

25" would be way too big for. I ended up going for 20" it's a very decent depths and since I don't collect anything bigger than 1:4 and I have a bunch of 1:6-7-8 with japanese figures I should be fine.

Sorry for the short highjack, I'll post progress pics in my collection thread.

Here is a quick pic of the PAX I put together over the weekend. I used the AULI door frames (which can be bought by themselves, without the glass/mirrored inserts), and got some full height acrylic panels made. The acrylic panels were pretty cheap, as there is a local plastics manufacturer where I had them made (i.e. no shipping). the total cost of the doors was about the same as if I had bought the complete system from IKEA (i.e. with the frosted glass or mirrored inserts). I am pretty happy with the finished look.

The space beside Wolverine is reserved for Deadpool!

That said...my besta is for sale...anyone in the Edmonton area interested?

photo+1-001.JPG

Here is a quick pic of the PAX I put together over the weekend. I used the AULI door frames (which can be bought by themselves, without the glass/mirrored inserts), and got some full height acrylic panels made. The acrylic panels were pretty cheap, as there is a local plastics manufacturer where I had them made (i.e. no shipping). the total cost of the doors was about the same as if I had bought the complete system from IKEA (i.e. with the frosted glass or mirrored inserts). I am pretty happy with the finished look.

photo+1-001.JPG

Looks good man, well done! :clap

photo+1-001.JPG

Looks awesome my man. Great stuff but you need to put the Canadians at the top not the bottom lol. And I wish I was comig down to Edmonton sometime soon cause I would totally take that Besta off your hands.

Looks awesome my man. Great stuff but you need to put the Canadians at the top not the bottom lol. And I wish I was comig down to Edmonton sometime soon cause I would totally take that Besta off your hands.

Yeah, some things are still going to be moved around. The spot with Joker and GL is reserved for Batman and Superman once I have them. I may end up putting DP and Wolverine at the top in place of the black spidey/hobgoblin. I think the only locks are the top left (spidey, venom, and MJ when she is released), and middle right (Hulk, Iron Man). Decisions, decisions.

Also, I was so surpised at how Hulk dwarfs Iron Man when they are placed next to each other!

Great post Bmutha. That's a really nice clean display, Pax is definitely the way to go IMO. Especially with all these bigger PF's coming our way like Batman, Superman, Planet Hulk etc

Seriously can't wait to get my own home again & get all my statues out. I'm slowly getting momentum now work wise since I moved.

I was thinking of doing a single tower unit using this frame

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90260282/#/80214568

The only thing I am stuck on is the door.. I was thinking of this one and replacing the glass with acyrlic? What do you think? If you guys can think of something better for the door, please let me know.

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S39848380/

Is the door tall enough? Sorry for the questions :monkey3

I think the door will work because the bottom few inches of the unit don't need to be covered by the door. I would double check at the store, though. Also, make sure that the glass comes out of the door frame (or even better, see if you can buy the frame without the glass).

Acrylic works great. It is very clear and much lighter than glass, and not overly expensive. The only complaints I have about acrylic are:

1. When you take the masking off, it gives a static charge to the surface of the acrylic. When I was doing mine, the panel seemed to pick up every spec of dust and hair in the room (I even made sure I vacuumed before hand). It is tough to get the dust off without leaving some streaking on the panel.

2. The panels are fairly easily scratched. I got a few minor scratches on mine (thankfully not very noticable) and I have no idea how they got there because I was so careful.

Just noticed today that one of the shelves I got for the PAX is warped/not straight. Could this be because of the weight (although there's nothing heavy on it) or I just bought it like that?

photo+1-001.JPG

Hey Bmutha, Do you know the height and length measurements and the thickness you went for? I was also leaning towards Acrylic/plastic sheets as well.

Oh whats the depth on those pax units and the lighting?

photo+1-001.JPG

Looks great man! Do you have the exact measurements for your acrylic door panels?

Looks great man! Do you have the exact measurements for your acrylic door panels?

They are each 76-15/16" x 29-11/16" x 1/8" thick. They fit like a glove in mine, but it is ikea...I would measure your doors before ordering the panels if you're planning to get some.

I finally was able to start hanging my Bestas. Was slightly nerve wracking trying to get this all up on the wall but I'm pretty happy with what its going to look like.

IMG_00000224_zps4c5b185b.jpg
IMG_00000225_zpsa5390b04.jpg

That's is gonna look amazing when it's all lit up and your sitting back watching a movie. Congrats bro.

That will look great indeed. Just wondering if I am best getting the tallest pax, or a smaller one so I can put something ontop.. decisions decisions.

That's is gonna look amazing when it's all lit up and your sitting back watching a movie. Congrats bro.

Thanks man. I got it done a couple weekends ago and took a couple crappy cell pictures until I get my shelves a little more full (LOL).

1_zps3b12ff18.jpg

2_zps7ad7c359.jpg

Back